It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

do people think we're just gonna let bernardo/zinchenko/sterling leave and NOT sign a replacement? I don't understand the current freakout at all.
If we buy Leao Sterling will either move to the right to replace Jesus or be sold, it is not impossible that a swap for James happens, although unlikely, we will not buy Cucurella before selling Zinchenko ( my belief:) Bernardo who can afford one of the best players on the planet, Newcastle?

I actually think Walker is the one whose gonna see his minutes decrease. He's the most limited player in the build up. Can't cross, his passing is serviceable and not as comfortable in possession. He'll still get a lot of minutes but I think Pep will really like the idea of Cancelo on the right, Cucurella on the left overlapping our wingers who cut inside.
Assuming Pep watches the football matches, he'll have no interest in changing Walker for anyone this year on the right.

I actually think Walker is the one whose gonna see his minutes decrease. He's the most limited player in the build up. Can't cross, his passing is serviceable and not as comfortable in possession. He'll still get a lot of minutes but I think Pep will really like the idea of Cancelo on the right, Cucurella on the left overlapping our wingers who cut inside.
Totally agree. Walker offers very little offensively

It's also interesting that it seems like we are signing a LB to upgrade on Zinchenko. Rather than replacing a certain french LB.
With Ake as additional cover for LB. And Stones covering RB. Risky move....as it leaves us vulnerable if we have a similar defensive injury crisis we had at the end of last season.
Not sure we can plan on the basis of last season - We started the season with 8 defenders - after Mendy was suspended we had 7 and at one point 5 were carrying injuries. We can't buy another first team level player for that kind of once in ten seasons level of injuries. If it had happened at any other time of the season it wouldn't have been an issue, and if we'd got Liverpool's draw in the CL it wouldn't have been an issue.

If we bring in Phillips, he's played at CB too, so I think we'd be fine.

My heart… wish we’d have known by the end of the season if Zinny is going, a proper farewell is deserved and more.
Idk I think him draping the prem trophy in his countries flag and the whole of the South stand on their feet applauding him will be a pretty beautiful memory for him to leave on if he does

Did you miss how we defended without Walker last season?

Walker had an absolutely outstanding season and we’d have beaten Real Madrid comfortably if he wasn’t missing from the side for a large % of the tie. He has different attributes that are just important to the team than anything else you list. Pretty sure his role next season will be as strong as ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.