Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palmer is surely ahead of him especially as a natural wide player. James is definitely not a wide player imo, Lee probably chatting wham again

The bulk of his article is about Palmer playing on the left and stepping up in minutes. Then at the end it mentions McAtee is also an option for some minutes, with it likely his introduction to the team would be in a wing role, like Foden & Palmer before him.

Anyone else think its a bit odd Chelsea trying to sign Sterling? They don't play with wingers, so would they be looking at him as a 9 or 10? Not sure he will thrive, especially as a 9. I suppose him and Mount behind Havertz might be the plan?

I think now it’s known he’s open to leaving there could be a number of clubs interested.. Now would you rather sell to Chelsea for £30m or elsewhere for £40m?
The whole of football knew he wanted to leave since his team started twerking at Barca last November.

Anyone else think its a bit odd Chelsea trying to sign Sterling? They don't play with wingers, so would they be looking at him as a 9 or 10? Not sure he will thrive, especially as a 9. I suppose him and Mount behind Havertz might be the plan?
Really depends what they do with a #9 tbh.

Sterling xxx Havertz
and Mount dropping into an 8, would be pretty decent with the WBs they have.

With regards replacements for any players leaving I would just like to point out that the media talk shit.

Really depends what they do with a #9 tbh.

Sterling xxx Havertz
and Mount dropping into an 8, would be pretty decent with the WBs they have.

Problem with that is, Tuchel would need to change the formation from a back 3 to a back 4 to fit in Mount, Havertz, Sterling and one other player, say Dembele. I'd personally welcome it but I don't think this is happening.

So if we have Sterling, Dembele, Mount and Havertz, one of them is sitting on the bench. And that's before we get to CHO, Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech some of whom will surely have to be moved on.

It's a weird situation to be in, not knowing exactly what the team will look like next season. I think the biggest indicator of the formation change a lot of us want is if we sign Declan Rice. With him, I think we can transition into a back 4, and probably not need to sign 2 CB's since there would be 1 less CB positions to fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.