The Alan Ball era

He signed us Kinky though lol, that was the only positive though. Clark, Neal, Coppell all followed, god they were dire times

Remember commiserating with a mate, pissed up, when Ball’s appointment had just been announced as we knew that we were going to be relegated.

The other memory was half way through the season, convincing myself that I would boycott the home games in protest until Ball was sacked. My willpower snapped about an hour before the next game and ended up sprinting down Yew Tree Road to try to make the kick off. Must have been mad.

Felt dreadful at the time but little did we know that worse was to come in the form of Coppell, Neal and Clarke. Shocking.
I went on holiday to the US for nearly 4 weeks, Oct/Nov, I might be wrong but I don't think we had won yet that season in the league, I'm at Logan Airport on the way home and there is a picture of him with accepting the manager of the month award... I actually thought someone was playing a gag on me!!!!

people will probably point to Pearce but for me this was the worst of times. A literally unbelievable appointment of a person with an average (at best) managerial eecord

What WAS Franny thinking???
You shouldn't speak bad of the dead.
But my darkest days following city were down to that F-CKING CLOWN.
Speaking as a Franny I was shocked that he got the job. CTID

I couldn't believe it when he was appointed. The previous season we just escaped relegation so Franny said "There'll be no more of that next season. We aim to be much further up the table". Think Alan (RIP) was 4th choice in the end. What a flamin disaster & worse was to come.

Certainly brought out Berts’ bitter sense of humour. As the joke went, he was in a supermarket in Wilmslow, and saw an old dear struggling with her shopping.

“Can you manage, love?” says Ball.

“Better than you can, you daft [insert expletive]”.

It wasn't Alan Ball who caused the real mess.

It was the useless fucking clown Frank Clark.

The worst manager in our entire history.

A shit stain of a man, contempt for our club, played politics with everyone and left us an impossible shit sandwich.

A **** of the highest order, along with his odious assistant Alan Hill.

At least Ball cared, as did Phil Neal.

Clark and Hill had contempt for City.

I made sure Joe Royle got the job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.