Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I don’t understand is that when you watch Bernardo playing, giving interviews, celebrating, doing stuff for our marketing department, etc. - he does look sincerely happy to be here. And yet, every year for the past few years, we’re reading he is unhappy and that his desirable destination is Barcelona.
I put that down to the fact he is a model professional. It sounds cliche but he is a rare breed in the age of football excess and glamour; just one of the reasons we need to do all we can to keep him.

I was looking at City's basic wages payroll:

Compared to the Transfermarkt assessed market value of City players:

Bernardo is on £150k/wk (7th best last year, half of Grealish at £300k , and £250k less than Kev at £400k).

Bernardo is our 3rd most valuable player £72m, after Foden valued at £81m and Kev valued at £76.5m.

City players are on hugely more basic wages than Liverpool's their top earner is VVD on £220k/wk (£30k less than Stones.) Salah is on half of Kev's. Mane is on a quarter of Kev's!

Foden is currently our lowest earner but the highest value! He's in for a bumper increase at his next contract negotiation!

Stones did well for himself in his contract negotiation, he's the 13th most valuable player £25.2m but on the 4th highest wages £250k/wk, his annual wages are half of his market value.

Last edited:

Bernardo is on £150k/wk (7th best last year, half of Grealish at £300k , and £250k less than Kev at £400k).

Bernardo is our 3rd most valuable player £72m, after Foden valued at £81m and Kev valued at £76.5m.

City players are on hugely more basic wages than Liverpool's their top earner is VVD on £220k/wk (£30k less than Stones.) Salah is on half of Kev's. Mane is on a quarter of Kev's!

Foden is currently our lowest earner but the highest value! He's in for a bumper increase at his next contract negotiation!

Stones did well for himself in his contract negotiation, he's the 13th most valuable player £25.2m but on the 4th highest wages £250k/wk, his annual wages are half of his market value.
If you think Grealish is on £300k at City after we’ve had a strict wage structure all these years that stopped us signing players like Hazard, then you need your head testing.

Just because it says it on a website doesn’t mean it’s true.

I’d give Fabian Ruiz and Enzo Fernandez both a shout for 50-60m to replace Bernardo. Barella is my obvious choice if they want a high profile player. There aren’t many players out there even close to Bernardo :/ doubt he leaves tho

If you think Grealish is on £300k at City after we’ve had a strict wage structure all these years that stopped us signing players like Hazard, then you need your head testing.

Just because it says it on a website doesn’t mean it’s true.

Didn’t it come out a few years ago that City changed their wages philosophy from the early days (where they had to pay too wages to attract players) to a system where we pay a relatively “normal” basic salary with a large bonus/incentive for winning trophies and league position

Didn’t it come out a few years ago that City changed their wages philosophy from the early days (where they had to pay too wages to attract players) to a system where we pay a relatively “normal” basic salary with a large bonus/incentive for winning trophies and league position
I believe so. A lot of it is incentivised now. But the fact anyone believes we’d just throw £300k at Grealish (I think Villa offered him £100k a week to stay?) is just ridiculous

I believe so. A lot of it is incentivised now. But the fact anyone believes we’d just throw £300k at Grealish (I think Villa offered him £100k a week to stay?) is just ridiculous

My understanding is our structure is still far more incentivised than other clubs. As an example Grealish might be on £150k basic but with up to another £100k in bonuses that are easily attainable if he plays every week and we continue to win games at the rate we do.

I would think we can easily offer Bernardo more than Barca. But there is more to life than money and he has enough money to do whatever he wants with the rest of his life.

One thing I don’t understand is that when you watch Bernardo playing, giving interviews, celebrating, doing stuff for our marketing department, etc. - he does look sincerely happy to be here. And yet, every year for the past few years, we’re reading he is unhappy and that his desirable destination is Barcelona.

Is it every year though? I remember last year, sure. Nothing in January. Don't remember the year before. And this year is a rehash of where last year left off combined with Barcelona fishing a bit. Hardly the 'every year we losten to bernardo complain' situation some make it out to be.

I don't want Bernie to leave, just can't happen unless he absolutely insists, and at that point we have to stand firm with the valuation and not bend over for anyone as I'm sure Bellingham will be £100m + so Bernie has to be £150m +

Liverpool's wages are heavily incentivised - which is why Salah & Mané were after greater basic pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.