US Politics Thread

What if you’re the first of those things in terms of who you lean to because you think they might have a broader appeal and therefore be more electable but you’re not the rest? You do know it’s more nuanced than you suggest

I responded about that to Dax 20 mins later and to Fog in greater context.

As I've said before you cannot serve two masters, especially if the big business master is dictating policy for the working class which is, essentially, what's been happening stealthily over the years.

People have ignore it until the shit hit the fan.

Hope the suspense is just for us. And they've handed the names over to the DOJ for prosecution

They’ve already said multiple times and very prominently throughout the hearings that they’re handing every single thing they have to the DOJ.

The pardon list -

MTG
Mo Brooks
Matt Gaetz
Andy Biggs
Gohmert
Scott Perry

They should all be pretty fucked.

The pardon list -

MTG
Mo Brooks
Matt Gaetz
Andy Biggs
Gohmert
Scott Perry

They should all be pretty fucked.
Only criminals need pardons. Anyone who asked for a pardon is clearly demonstrating their consciousness of guilt which is a pretty big deal.

Like you say, they 'should' be f*cked.

Only criminals need pardons. Anyone who asked for a pardon is clearly demonstrating their consciousness of guilt which is a pretty big deal.

Like you say, they 'should' be f*cked.
Please don't take this as me defending the people on this list, they are some of the most vile characters on the planet and lengthy jail sentences for any of them would make the world a much better place.

People that think they might be attacked for their political beliefs also would be interested in pardons. To be clear I don't think thats them, but they might have thought so

Extremely interesting and informative analysis on the makeup of the Republican party and the waning power of the religious right. For example, it turns out that only 32% or regular Republican church-goers voted for Trump!

The issue with this is that the Religious right and Republican church-goers are not the same thing......between 75 and 81% of White evangelical Protestant voters went for Trump

Please don't take this as me defending the people on this list, they are some of the most vile characters on the planet and lengthy jail sentences for any of them would make the world a much better place.

People that think they might be attacked for their political beliefs also would be interested in pardons. To be clear I don't think thats them, but they might have thought so
Their political beliefs are protected under the First Amendment. They not only knew what they were doing was unconstitutional, but that there was an element of criminal liability attached to their actions, hence the need for a Presidential Pardon.

The USA is still a Democracy where people aren't generally prosecuted for their political beliefs.

Their political beliefs are protected under the First Amendment. They not only knew what they were doing was unconstitutional, but that there was an element of criminal liability attached to their actions, hence the need for a Presidential Pardon.

The USA is still a Democracy where people aren't generally prosecuted for their political beliefs.
Sorry perhaps I'm not getting my point across correctly..... this isn't my position, but it could be the position of someone looking for a pardon... indeed MTG(one of the people on the list) has said this point.... saying that the 1/6 rioters are being locked up for their political beliefs. Again this isn't my view but one of the people we are talking about

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.