It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

It would be a bit strange of us to not replace at least Sterling due to the numbers hes put out goal scoring wise he's one of our best attackers numbers wise. For goals and assists.

I can sort of understand the logic behind letting Sterling and Jesus go without direct replacement. I think it’s based on the premise that between Haaland and Foden we enough pace to hurt teams. The problem for me is that between Grealish, Mahrez and Palmer we have lots of skilful players but they all cut in.

For almost all of Pep’s time as City we’ve tried to get around teams by getting Sterling, Sané, Jesus or Foden one on one or better running free. We’ll lose that without Sterling or Jesus. Against Villa we saw that a burst of pace can unlock parked buses. We won’t have players that naturally go the goal line and cut back.

I think we’ll still end up as more of a crossing side. The problem as I see it will be lots crosses by left footers on the right or right footers on the left which are easier to defend. We won’t see as many dangerous balls across the 6 yard box, which is a shame as I think Haaland would thrive on them.

If we lose Gabby and Sterling, we are a player light IMHO

Palmer, mahrez and Grealish are similar players and now the only real options out wide.
If its not Felix ( and I wouldn't be too bothered about it not being him).....then who?

Alvarez is a complete unknown as far as the prem league goes and he seems more of a central attacker who drops deep.

Maybe we rely more on our full backs esp if we get Cucurella as him Cancello are good from wide positions and walker although not great is certainly working on that part of his game.

At present, Grealish is a downgrade on Sterling in every respect

"At present"

I'll stick my neck out and say I expect him to get more goals and assists than De Bruyne next season.

You can bookmark me on it if you like, I'll hold my hands up if I'm wrong.

He had comfortably the highest expected assists in the league last season but we were wasteful. We all know that, much as they're top class, Sterling and Jesus have often been the culprits for that. Next season we should be more efficient and Grealish's stats will benefit.

I can sort of understand the logic behind letting Sterling and Jesus go without direct replacement. I think it’s based on the premise that between Haaland and Foden we enough pace to hurt teams. The problem for me is that between Grealish, Mahrez and Palmer we have lots of skilful players but they all cut in.

For almost all of Pep’s time as City we’ve tried to get around teams by getting Sterling, Sané, Jesus or Foden one on one or better running free. We’ll lose that without Sterling or Jesus. Against Villa we saw that a burst of pace can unlock parked buses. We won’t have players that naturally go the goal line and cut back.

I think we’ll still end up as more of a crossing side. The problem as I see it will be lots crosses by left footers on the right or right footers on the left which are easier to defend. We won’t see as many dangerous balls across the 6 yard box, which is a shame as I think Haaland would thrive on them.

Based on the transfer business I expect to a double pivot and more attacking full backs next season.

If cucurella comes (when) there could be a return to wing backs and that's the reason we aren't looking at direct replacements.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.