It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

"At present"

I'll stick my neck out and say I expect him to get more goals and assists than De Bruyne next season.

You can bookmark me on it if you like, I'll hold my hands up if I'm wrong.

He had comfortably the highest expected assists in the league last season but we were wasteful. We all know that, much as they're top class, Sterling and Jesus have often been the culprits for that. Next season we should be more efficient and Grealish's stats will benefit.
Correct Grealish did his job well last season. Not his fault we didn’t take our chances.

Grealish and Haaland will be deadly together

Bookmark me too.

Last edited:
"At present"

I'll stick my neck out and say I expect him to get more goals and assists than De Bruyne next season.

He had comfortably the highest expected assists in the league last season but we were wasteful. We all know that, much as they're top class, Sterling and Jesus have often been the culprits for that. Next season we should be more efficient and Grealish's stats will benefit.
Where are you seeing those stats?

On understat he's shown as having expected assists at around half the rate of De Bruyne and below a couple of other city players too, including Jesus.

"At present"

50quid to the charity of the winners choice? And what on earth are expected assists? Absolute garbage.

I appreciate what you are saying, but I have always maintained Sterling's pace is something of a myth.

In the first two yards, if he stands you up, then it's bye bye...

His advantage is mainly down to his clever runs without the ball.

However, if you are talking pace on the run over a number of yards, he can be caught by a few.

I'd imagine Haaland's true pace, certainly against any high line daft enough to try, will also create space for the lads on the outside.

Sterling’s pace is not a myth, every time a player gets asked about who the fastest players are he always gets mentioned alongside Walker or Sane in older vids.

You are right that his pace is without the ball, not with it, but that’s really important for counterattacking and breaking at pace. Only one person can have the ball after all and you need fast runners.

The fact Sterling isn’t a fast dribbler doesn’t change the fact he’s fast enough to keep up with a counterattack.

Without him, if someone plays Haaland in behind from a fast break he will be the only City player in the final third.

If cucurella comes (when) there could be a return to wing backs and that's the reason we aren't looking at direct replacements.

Can’t really return to wingbacks because Walker is the only fast defender we have.

We always set up with a line of 3 at the back - Walker + 2 CBs and if we play attacking fullbacks then that would become Rodri + 2
CBs which is pretty slow.

Where are you seeing those stats?

On understat he's shown as having expected assists at around half the rate of De Bruyne and below a couple of other city players too, including Jesus.

Try progressive passes and progressive runs per minutes played. Understat are quite limited.

Grealish is also playing in a new system and needs time to adapt at City pretty much like every player not called David Silva who took about 15 minutes!

I appreciate what you are saying, but I have always maintained Sterling's pace is something of a myth.

In the first two yards, if he stands you up, then it's bye bye...

His advantage is mainly down to his clever runs without the ball.

However, if you are talking pace on the run over a number of yards, he can be caught by a few.

I'd imagine Haaland's true pace, certainly against any high line daft enough to try, will also create space for the lads on the outside.
Correct on Sterling, he's the type that likes to slow a defender down as his 1st couple of yards like you say are decent

Most small players are like that, I look at genuine pace the likes of Walker, Sane,(pre injury) Haaland, (prime) Bale etc, they move up through the gears and get quicker they are all well built tall powerful athletic types, that's the mould that produces genuine pace and power, Sterling isn't in that mould

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.