It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

This City squad is evolving. Moving away from direct winger to a wide player who cuts inside. The width will be supplied by the fullbacks. Kev will pull the trigger quicker now Haaland is onboard. Now we have the option of playing Phillips and Rodri together if needed.

Sterling and Jesus both go having played a significant part in our revival. Jack will need to step into the team and make that left side his own. Otherwise why did we buy him?

Pep seemingly now prefers wide players who cut in. We will still be devastating on the counter. Also, a side note but it was noticeable that sterling stopped doing what he does best, run down the wing taking the fullback to the byline. He started cutting in and it’s just not his game. He will rediscover his form if a team play to his strengths.

So next season when we are shouting at the players for cutting in and slowing the game. It will be down to the boss’s instructions. He wanted Mahrez and Grealish. Looking back to a time when the team functioned incredibly well with sane and sterling is gone.

Control the play, keep the ball. Only now we have a beast up top to do the damage. If pep wanted fast direct wingers we would have them.

Looking forward to see how this team evolves. In particular Jack, he should be ready to step up.

I think you would just decide, whatever happened, that you won. I’m happy for you to think that. Probably better that you look up xG and xA before you move on to the other metrics City use.
No it's pretty easy, you think grealish will have more goals and assists than kev next year. I don't. kev has more g/a I win, grealish does you do.

Can't be that confident of your opinion if you won't pur your money where you mouth is.

No it's pretty easy, you think grealish will have more goals and assists than kev next year. I don't. kev has more g/a I win, grealish does you do.

Can't be that confident of your opinion if you won't pur your money where you mouth is.

No Dobsy said that. But if you would like a bet on xA or Progressive runs or Progressive Passes per minutes played I think you should know what they are first.

My main point is that Grealish performed just fine last season and will improve further with the arrival of Haaland.

Correct on Sterling, he's the type that likes to slow a defender down as his 1st couple of yards like you say are decent

Most small players are like that, I look at genuine pace the likes of Walker, Sane,(pre injury) Haaland, (prime) Bale etc, they move up through the gears and get quicker they are all well built tall powerful athletic types, that's the mould that produces genuine pace and power, Sterling isn't in that mould
Correct Sterling does the total opposite imo he slows it down if anything, very rarely he attacks the goaline maybe a few occasions but so many times I've shouted at the TV espeacialy away from home when he just stops & cuts it back when the play has been moved quickly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.