Glastonbury 2022 (Billie Eilish, Paul McCartney, Kendrick Lamar headlining)

Would love to go to Glastonbury festival. Always a headache though over which stage to attend, spoilt for choice with this line up.

Yves Tumor has been the only thing from today that I've managed to sit through so far. There's been some proper shite on today.

Add in travel, food , beer etc and who the hell is affording this these days , esp youngsters
People save up for a 5 day festival like they would a 5 days away in spain or greece, known plenty who have done this over the years.

But in regular gig goers eyes the logic is:

for example St Vincent who played last night is on at the academy tonight, tickets are £29+ booking fee, most gigs are around 35-50 quid for your decent band and stupid prices (mozza £85, pixies £80 james £70 etc) for the stadium fillers.

So for the £285 thats about the price of 8 gigs at the average price add maybe £120 travel and then £250 for food n drink talking £655ish, a typical gig averaging at £45 a ticket, that 14 gigs, you will get more than that over the weekend.

I suppose it comes down to what do you want as a holiday, few days on the beach or in a field partying, or neither if you feel it an unecessary expense, I expect those people who would normally do a few summer festivals a year are choosing one only in these times.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.