Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's complete speculation right now.

Putting our faith in Cole Palmer and a 22 year old from the Argentinian league to do what Jesus did week in-week out is a risk. Obviously a calculated risk but still remains to be seen how it plays out.
Not much of a risk.
Alvarez is a step up in my view. You don't win South American Player of the year at his age without being a special talent.

So no add ons, like folk were championing yesterday

Poor price
But remember the fee isn't the only lever in the transaction. Let's say to facilitate the deal Gabby agreed he wouldn't insist on his final year being paid up by us.....we save something like £6m in wages (I think someone said he's on about £120k a week) so our net position is £51m. Now the opposite could also happen so we could've pushed for say £55m fee but Gabby insisted on his contract being paid up because we've asked for top dollar....our net position would be £49m.....£2m worse off. We as fans don't get to find out about the finer details of these deals so we shouldn't always assume a higher fee is a better result.

Not much of a risk.
Alvarez is a step up in my view. You don't win South American Player of the year at his age without being a special talent.
I'm aware how unpopular my take is on Alvarez and I hope he proves me wrong but I just haven't seen 'it' with him.

I remember watching Jesus for Palmeiras when there were rumors and thinking,"oh, okay. I see why we want him". You could see how great of an athlete he was despite being a bit rough around the edges. I haven't got that feeling in the slightest from Alvarez. Just looks so small and slow. Not to mention he's quite literally missed a sitter in 50% of the games I've seen of his. Granted it's probably been 1000> minutes or so of game time I've seen from him.

Last edited:
he had the chance more than enough to become our main number nine. even in Kun's last season, Kun only started like 7 games and played 500 minutes of PL football due to shit load of injuries. opportunity was there. then we missed out on Kane, so another full season of opportunity.

it was never gonna happen, for whatever reason, then he even preferred to play from the wing assume due to lack of real success through the middle as a clinical striker.

i cant see him being a big goalscorer for Arsenal (20+ in league ) but will be better for their front three than whatever they had last season, so will be an improvement.

After what we got from Jesus in the years he played for us, we can say he was definitely worth his transfersom. Especially with the returning sum from Arsenal.

As said before I wish him well. Not Arsenal. Just Jesus. We will will pay him respect contrary Arsenal (or Liverpool) fans.

he had the chance more than enough to become our main number nine. even in Kun's last season, Kun only started like 7 games and played 500 minutes of PL football due to shit load of injuries. opportunity was there. then we missed out on Kane, so another full season of opportunity.

it was never gonna happen, for whatever reason, then he even preferred to play from the wing assume due to lack of real success through the middle as a clinical striker.

i cant see him being a big goalscorer for Arsenal (20+ in league ) but will be better for their front three than whatever they had last season, so will be an improvement.

I said it a few times he was a more technical Paul Dickov. Having said that he was a decent signing for us and did a reasonable job. He never progressed to the heights we expected but he never complained and always gave 100% You can't ask for much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.