US Politics Thread

The 1/6 hearings have painted a clear picture of a guilty-as-hell Trump attempting to foment insurrection.

The million dollar question is this: Will the DOJ level charges against Trump?

IMO - probably not. Roughly 1/2 of the USA don't believe that the hearings are legitimate. Unless there's irrefutable, ironclad evidence of wrongdoing - e.g., Trump on video footage saying and doing the things he's purported to have said and done - I think that the DOJ won't level charges. No jury agreed upon by both prosecution and defense would ever convict him absent such evidence.

The 1/6 hearings have painted a clear picture of a guilty-as-hell Trump attempting to foment insurrection.

The million dollar question is this: Will the DOJ level charges against Trump?

IMO - probably not. Roughly 1/2 of the USA don't believe that the hearings are legitimate. Unless there's irrefutable, ironclad evidence of wrongdoing - e.g., Trump on video footage saying and doing the things he's purported to have said and done - I think that the DOJ won't level charges. No jury agreed upon by both prosecution and defense would ever convict him absent such evidence.
They'll probably follow the Al Capone route and convict him of one of his indefensible tax frauds.

They'll probably follow the Al Capone route and convict him of one of his indefensible tax frauds.
Same problem - no jury will convict. I think that state prosecutors though might well risk non-conviction - it'd be a huge feather in their career cap even so long as a good case is presented - even if conviction isn't achieved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.