I am very puzzled and quite frankly slightly hurt.

I am, as you all must be sick of reading, a bit middle aged ;-) but I don’t think I’m prejudiced against anyone (except naturally LiVARpool and that Stretford lot) and I’m definitely NOT racist or against the youth of the country. You can’t teach and be involved in education at all levels for over 50 years and not like youngsters.

So why all of a sudden is it ok to be oldageist? This month alone I’ve been patronised by 2 professionals who should know better, I read about people resenting our having to use the NHS and services. I’ve been reading about a tennis personage who has accused older people of not having good eyesight because he didn’t get what the tennis player thought he should. Now Lewis Hamilton is attacking old people.

Please someone explain to me why it is wrong to grow old? I remember years ago watching a film in which people over, I think it was 30, were ‘disposed’ of because the population was being kept under control. Is this what these people want to happen now?

I worked all my adult life, paid a full NI Stamp and still pay taxes on my Teacher Pension that I paid a percentage of my salary toward and don’t and never did claim anything at all. I was a one parent ‘family’ without support from my ex-husband as the laws were not very good in those days. My kids didn’t get free dinners (because I was too proud to apply for them) although one son did get a partial grant when he went to Uni (before loans) but he worked to pay for his accommodation and I took a part time cleaning job for a time to help with the rest. If I had been able to afford it he wouldn’t have had to apply even for that part grant.

My offspring and their offspring and my extended family love me so that helps but why are people so hurtful?

Sorry for the sort of rant but I am hurt as well as puzzled.
Nick Kyrios is a c**t.
Bernie Ecclestone is an old c**t.
The two people who questioned you ar c**ts.

You are not.

Hope this explains things.

Ignore them EB.

I think he's attacking "old people" that gob off, like piquet did, he's not attacking you (or me), and if you think what piquet said, see the shite eccelstone came out with, he needs help, preferably a bullet, but not one meant for putin.

The world gets more extreme on every level, age, sexuality, race, I could go on, lets hope we don't just obliterate it any time soon.
The whole polarization around every matter does my head in and its always done with so much angst. The "You have to be with us or you're against us" mentality is not conducive to changing opinions.
The crazy thing is the more society disappears down that hole the more extremists you create and ultimately it results in less individuality and freedom of thought.
Yes its right to call out discrimination, racism, sexism, homophobia etc but lets have a sane discussion about things and educate people rather than trying to find a common denominator i.e. age on this occasion and stigmatising another group.

I’m sure your personal experiences are genuine and upsetting but I don’t really think it’s accurate to describe Lewis Hamilton as “attacking older people.”

He was talking about “these older people” within motorsport who get air time telling the viewers what it was like in their day and how Lewis should just take it on the chin and turn the other cheek when he’s been being called a ****** by an ex driver.

I’ve personally not heard Lewis use any language that would suggest he’s ageist.
If I was Lewis I'd be marching up the pit lane and grabbing the **** by the throat if that's what he's said. The weasly twat would shit himself.
I don't care how old he is, he should be educated enough to know not to say what your 1970's brain is still telling you to think.
Fucking dinosaur.

Eccles, I don't know you, even though we're practically neighbours but what I have concluded is that I can confidently say that you are immensely respected on here by the vast majority of the 75000+ members going off the affection that comes across whenever I read one of your posts and the replies and likes you receive..

Your age doesn't resonate with me whenever I read one of your posts, what does though is your passion and love for City which cannot be questioned..

Don't let others get you down, you fit right in here..!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.