Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very difficult for any club to keep a player who doesn't want to be with them anymore, Silva's a top top player but no ones beyond being replaced. Other players will want to win honours with us.
Totally agree. He was awesome from September-January last season, but was overplayed and ran out of energy.

Silva signed a really long contract a few years ago, so he’s kind of created the rod for his own back.

He‘s on a lowish wage and too good to be sold on the cheap.

Therefore, he either sucks it up until another club bids City’s valuation of him, stays until 2025 or signs a new contract on more money here.

No one is disputing that KDB has more goal contributions than Ederson.

What we are suggesting though, is that Ederson is pivotal in how we play. Without him, KDB doesn’t get that ball in the half spaces with time to play the killer ball.

Would you say David Silva was better than KDB? His goal contributions probably say that he isn’t, yet he probably has far more “pre-assists”.

It‘s not just about goal contributions. Ederson makes our team far more stable when he is in it.

I’d agree with you that Rodri is just as vital as Ederson in the system and style we play.

Where am I comparing Kevs goal contributions to Eddie's, obviously Eddie is far behind Kev, he's a keeper. I said Kev has won us more games than Eddie had saved us.
Eddie is pivotal to how we play, I haven't said he isn't, he has been helped by having such a commanding defense in front of him, I would say they are pivotal to how Eddie is given time on the ball.
David Silva was a City legend, we've still not fully replaced his importance to the team and probably never will.
I could argue the importance of Kev v Eddie in the quality of their replacements, for Kev we bring in world class gundo or bernie or grealish or foden, Pep won't trust anyone else, for Eddie its steffan or 80 year old carson.
In my opinion Kev is far more important than Eddie, Rodri is more important than them both.

Where am I comparing Kevs goal contributions to Eddie's, obviously Eddie is far behind Kev, he's a keeper. I said Kev has won us more games than Eddie had saved us.
Eddie is pivotal to how we play, I haven't said he isn't, he has been helped by having such a commanding defense in front of him, I would say they are pivotal to how Eddie is given time on the ball.
David Silva was a City legend, we've still not fully replaced his importance to the team and probably never will.
I could argue the importance of Kev v Eddie in the quality of their replacements, for Kev we bring in world class gundo or bernie or grealish or foden, Pep won't trust anyone else, for Eddie its steffan or 80 year old carson.
In my opinion Kev is far more important than Eddie, Rodri is more important than them both.
Fair enough. I don’t fully agree or disagree.

The only way we’d ever know is if Ederson was out for any period of time.

Totally agree. He was awesome from September-January last season, but was overplayed and ran out of energy.

Silva signed a really long contract a few years ago, so he’s kind of created the rod for his own back.

Therefore, he either sucks it up until another club bids City’s valuation of him, stays until 2025 or signs a new contract on more money here.
We bumped into him outside Lisbon airport day after the champions league game out there and he seemed happy enough to come over and have a chat for a few minutes, had picture took with some of the younger lads with us. Would be good for us if he extended his contract but if he ain't happy to be here it's sort of thanks, best wishes for your efforts in a City shirt.

An hyperthetical situation, if both KDB and Ederson were available for transfer, who would attract the most suitors and slot into any team in world football.
Ederson is a valuable player in how we set up, but more influential and important than Kev, never.

Not even close, Ederson is far more influential to the way we player than De Bruyne. There’s a very good all be it, statistical argument that we are a better team without De Bruyne.

We have demonstrated time a d time again we can go on long winning runs without him.

If De Bruyne broke his leg, I’d still fancy us for the league. If Ederson did, and Steffan took his place, I’d be stunned if we won the league.

He was overplayed because of the short depth in midfield.

More likely to extend than leave imo
Newly engaged to a stunner, new dog, new country gaff. Life is fucking sweet for the little Don
Even if he doesn’t, 6 seasons is a blessing and he rides out with his legacy firmly attached to our success… I’d like 10 but it is somewhat inevitable, should he not agree better terms, that we will cash in next year )8

Not even close, Ederson is far more influential to the way we player than De Bruyne. There’s a very good all be it, statistical argument that we are a better team without De Bruyne.

We have demonstrated time a d time again we can go on long winning runs without him.

If De Bruyne broke his leg, I’d still fancy us for the league. If Ederson did, and Steffan took his place, I’d be stunned if we won the league.
I don't want to try that experiment in order to find out the answer. Personally I think it is how the collective respond to setbacks which determines how much a player is missed. The number of options to replace a top notch keeper are normally not great which makes such a loss very dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.