Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
"...merely helps the books"? I hope I never go into business with you mate.

"the books" are what allow us to show a profit, bring in additional cash, refresh the squad and satisfy FFP.
It's amazing that people think that because we have a wealthy owner, it's ok to throw money down the drain.

Potentially receiving 100m of the queens finest for two players in their last year of contract and on big wages is incredible business.

After seeing all the negative views about Stirling l'm hoping nobody from Chelsea reads Bluemoon or we will have to give him away for free
lMO a lot of disrespecting people on here

Yo wont find many,and that isn't because he wouldnt improve most teams,its because they simply cannot manage/afford his wage.Unfortunately,his contract demands are top tier and that doesn't equate to his ability,which means clubs will not push the boat out.
LOL It's all relative, reports say Jessie Tick Tok Lingard wants 150k a week, it makes Sterling's demands almost seem reasonable.

LOL It's all relative, reports say Jessie Tick Tok Lingard wants 150k a week, it makes Sterling's demands almost seem reasonable.

Lingard is a decent player,despite the nonsense posted about him on here.In this climate,on a free.....150k a week,is good business for a player with his ability.

Right now,for Sterling,clubs will need to find 40/50m and 300k a week.....there are only a handful in world football who can stretch that far,hence why the contract run down is probably what is preferable to the player.

If we can attract 40m,we should not piss about and take it.

The best I’ve seen of Sterling was when Sane was here. And we had them both had that tactical left-right switch that made us unpredictable to opposing teams at times. That was a time when Pep wasn’t as pragmatic as he is now given the players we had and that transition from the Pellegrini days.

I sensed after Sane left, Sterling lost a bit of what that was. The freedom of play intensity and free play.

Yo wont find many,and that isn't because he wouldnt improve most teams,its because they simply cannot manage/afford his wage.Unfortunately,his contract demands are top tier and that doesn't equate to his ability,which means clubs will not push the boat out.
Agree & disagree

Hes probably £110m deal

The 50m fee can be paid over 2 years even 3 if European team buys him, the wages are over h8s contract so in all 5 year deal for Sterling is around 28m doesn't sound much does it??

Hypothetically speaking....

If I was Chelsea, I'd offer City £10m for Raz. We'd gain £25m, assuming £15m savings on wages.

For a player that wants to leave, £25m now is better than nothing in a year's time, isn't it?

Hypothetically speaking....

If I was Chelsea, I'd offer City £10m for Raz. We'd gain £25m, assuming £15m savings on wages.

For a player that wants to leave, £25m now is better than nothing in a year's time, isn't it?
Hypothetically speaking, it would be cheaper for us to give free transfers to every player so we don't have to pay their wages.
Probably not the best idea though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.