It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

There’s something big coming I don’t know what it’s but I can feel it in my bones, hopefully I’m not wrong. And it’s not something bad.
I said the exact same thing yesterday, I’m convinced we are going to sign someone that’ll be out the blue but huge in terms of what they’ll bring to the club/team.

Dembele on loan from Barca for a year? Helps them wage wise and we see if we can get the Dortmund quality Dembele back?
Dortmund level Dembele scored 6 goals in 32 games his last season in Bundesliga. If Barcelona wouldnt have been run by complete idiots and paid his real value at the time (which was more like around €35m), nobody would even think about signing him at a big club today. But Bartomeu (the idiot) instead paid them €140m, which for some reason has made the world believe Dembele is some kind of world class talent (why else would someone pay that much?) that have just struggled at Barcelona. Prime Dembele would be 4th or 5th choice winger in this team. Probably the worst transfer in football history considering it was not just that he failed, he was not even that good in Dortmund and they managed to scam Barcelona for more than €100m over his real value.

As I said, if he actually wants a move for family reasons (not simply because he is unhappy with the weather in England), I think the club would make a move easier for him by taking a lower than expected figure.

I honestly don't see anyone offering anywhere near £80m for Bernardo. He's a brilliant player, but for some strange reason, he flies below the radar in terms of media/pundit support when compared to English midfielders like Rice, Mount, Ward-Prowse etc.

As for the Richarlison figure; he's a different kettle of fish completely. Clubs will always pay over the odds for supposedly 'proven' strikers. He'll probably be a big hit at Spurs alongside Kane and Son.
Rice, Mount and Ward Prowse shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Bernardo. If he is genuinely desperate to return nearer home, then as you say the club won't stand in his way, But I am hopeful we can have one more season with our pocket dynamo at the club.

There was video that was doing the rounds on twitter a while back. Barca went to Japan on a preseason tour a few years ago and he was talking with Greizman badmouthing hotel workers who were helping them with their video game in their room. They spoke in French so the workers couldn't understand what they were saying. Start watching around 3:55.

In any case huge character issues for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.