Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can still hear David Colemans undertones when he said "Juantorena opens his legs and shows his class". ;-)
I can still hear David Coleman commentating on a United match. A long ball was booted upfield. George Best was standing in the centre circle alone. He ran on to the clearance and took it upfield unencumbered by any of the defence, who were all caught flat footed by the hoof. He took the ball around the goalkeeper and put it into the empty net.

Coleman was gushing “It’s a goal only Georgie Best could score” he ejaculated (maybe in more ways than one?) at what seemed a fairly routine Route One goal.

After decades of never questioning papers and journalists, this thread over time has opened my eyes to a self regulated and self serving industry and profession. I f*cking hate the cesspit that newspapers and journalism are.
Mate, I worked in the belly of the beast, albeit not on sport.
But I spent more than enough time in the room to listen, learn and absorb.
Utterly obsessed with the cult. To an insane degree
Before they were Reach PLC, they used to be Trinity Mirror. Which was literally born from the Echo
So even the odd lot down the road are secondary.
They are pure Mansonesque cult. Just like Manchester City comes first alphabetically, look whose club page is promoted first on the MEN and the Echo Chamber

I can still hear David Colemans undertones when he said "Juantorena opens his legs and shows his class". ;-)
Hate to be a pedant dear Blue but it was actually Ron Pickering who said that!

Pickering was guest speaker at our company conference in the early 80s when he mentioned this at the start of his speech, having just been introduced to us all as 'Ron Greenwood'; he made a joke about the introduction, then referring to the 'Juantorena' quotation as an example of how commentators frequently mess up without thinking! He did say he was particularly proud of that verbal gaffe, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.