It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Dunno what is more laughable really. People thinking we are seriously going to sign neymar or the fact Barcelona think they can sign Bernardo for less than £100 mil this summer

Atleast some Brazilian source would have released some news by now. Literally too quiet to be true

There was also nothing about the Chelsea talks with him, which is now confirmed that there were talks. That's what's keeping my hopes up but yeah no reports at all. Like none. Doesn't look promising but would be even bigger if we pulled this off in the quiet

Honestly who blows the bloody doors off?

Neymar honestly can't see Pep wanting him.
Mbappe no chance.
Salah no chance.
Messi? Even at 35? Not for me.
Felix maybe but don't think it's a blow the doors off type signing.
Rafael Leao? sorry but doesn't blow any doors off.

We got the biggest 1 in Haaland. Definitely wouldn't say no to Neymar tho.
No one. That's the sad but happy truth.

Only what I shared the other day, in that Brighton understand our valuation and we won’t move on it
I’d say if city are about to sell zin then the decision by Brighton has been made right? Can’t see us being held ransom after selling zinny

Only what I shared the other day, in that Brighton understand our valuation and we won’t move on it
The fact Brighton are linked to a few lbs gives me hope this deal will happen.

Incidentally my son has got a trial at Brighton tonight so may do some digging in the unlikely event someone there has heard anything

Dunno what is more laughable really. People thinking we are seriously going to sign neymar or the fact Barcelona think they can sign Bernardo for less than £100 mil this summer
Er Hem......I know its warm fella but 100 mill is a serious under valuation for our Bernie.

It makes perfect sense for Abu Dhabi to invest in a PL club, i.e. it's perfectly logical.

It doesn't make much sense to turn a 100m player into a bench warmer, though. None of those speculating about Neymar doesn't say what happens to Grealish if we sign Neymar. They don't seem to realise that Pep is not going to give up on Grealish or Foden before the start of the season! How do we fit them in the team?

Now, if we have promised Bernardo that we would let him go if Barca paid say 70m, and if Barca find the money, then we are likely to look for a big name midfielder or attacker, say Bellingham or Neymar. If Bernie goes and Neymar comes, then I guess Pep will try Foden or Grealish in midfield. Pep won't give up on Grealish before giving him enough chances to win a place in the starting XI even if Neymar arrives.

I don't worry about Grealish/Foden TBH because they still have good legs and cover a lot of ground. Even though people complain Grealish not running enough at times, he still offers something around 11km covered distance if necessary and it is very important for a wide man in Pep's system. With Halaand up front and he won't cover as much distance as Foden/Jesus there due to his size, we need our wide men to cover enough ground.

Neymar can only play like a 10 in our current set up with freedom to roam left/right like what Grealish did in Villa days and what KDB is currently doing. This role does not need too much tracking back and defending output. But the current holder of the position is KDB. KDB reduced his defending ability dramatically in last season, with the understanding that we have to save him from the injuries. We can afford 2 players not tracking to the deepest in our system and they are the striker/false 9 and one attacking mid - usually KDB.

With Neymar coming, it means that KDB needs to pick up the same and even more amount defending output like he did for us 2 or 3 seasons ago. But he is no longer that young lad and his injuries won't allow that. In my eyes, KDB has earned this place to enjoy some sort of "luxury" in the City team because he has done so much for us for so many years.

Thus in my view, if Neymar comes and he gives the similar output as he did last season in PSG. Grealish/Foden might lose their starting positions for a short while but it won't be long that we have to put them back on the pitch and rotate Neymar/KDB for the defending balance.

TBH We should not sign Neymar. It will not fit in our current squad. Simply put you cannot have two 30+ year old playmakers who have injury risk and cannot track back every time on the pitch. It does not work in PSG and it won't work in City.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.