Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
We walk away with this deal and let Brighton deal with Barca next year, if Cucu is this desperate to join City then imagine if Barca knocking the door instead.

If spurs offered 30m for Cucurella they be treated totally differently to us and they would get him for 35/40m!

It’s like the Grealish deal Villa tried everything to not sell him to us even with a buyout!

I predict if we don’t get him he will end up going for way less than what we have offered now!

It's the domino effect.

Player playing well -> City bid -> club reject bid -> player pissed off -> performances dip as a result -> moves for cheaper the year after

No Brighton fan nor CIty fan knows exactly what is happening. He is obviously a key target but is under contract and, therefore, we are negotiating. Only an idiot would make a high offer to open negotiations. As for being wound up by Brighton fans appearing on the forum, get a grip - they like their own player and, justifiably, don't want him to leave. If he comes, great. If not, we move on.

I get everyone's reaction to the comments from Potter/Weir, but honestly they probably mean nothing. This one looks like a kane saga to me. Start with a low bid (75m + add ons)- that gets rejected straight away. Get told City sources confident through the whole thing. No real second bid materialises as Brighton/Tottenham make it clear they want stupid money. Brighton/Tottenham sources say City are miles away from an agreement.

I'm not trying to criticise City, I'm pretty sure he's not worth 50m atm. Although could be when considering if we got 5-6 good years out of him or am I saying City can't negotiate- I respect that City set a price and are willing to walk away if a club tries to ask for way above value. I just think there are a lot of parallels. A lot of ITKs reported last year of second bids for Kane and confidence at the City end it would get done. There was a lot of reliance on Kane striking- as I think there is on this deal that Cucurella throws his toys out. I'm not sure that's going to happen tbh. I hope we do go get a different LB if it doesn't materialise.

Manchester city make an official new bid, or so the papers say close to £40million plus add-ons
have Brighton come out and said NO ? Not heard anything from Brighton so we must be close

if pep wants the player to finish off the squad and get him in quick to settle him down with the city players
then I would say to Brighton OK, ask the player does he want the move, if he does then Brighton should play ball with him and city

Players and their agents need to get clued up. In the contract they sign they should have a release clause that if a club in the champions League comes calling they can leave for an agreed fee. With all respect to Brighton, like a lot of similar clubs, ambitious half decent players will move there to get noticed and then move on to a bigger club.

Just wondering if we should look at this differently and look for a right back. We have Joao and Josh for left plus Nathan can play it, that just leaves Kyle whos 32 now and young Lewis for the right back spot. Could argue thats more pressing is we think Joao is better on the left.
No.

Manchester city make an official new bid, or so the papers say close to £40million plus add-ons
have Brighton come out and said NO ? Not heard anything from Brighton so we must be close

if pep wants the player to finish off the squad and get him in quick to settle him down with the city players
then I would say to Brighton OK, ask the player does he want the move, if he does then Brighton should play ball with him and city
I think Brighton know he wants to go it’s just that they aren’t going to let him unless City meet their valuation. It’s fair enough we did the same with Ake and Chelsea.

I think Brighton know he wants to go it’s just that they aren’t going to let him unless City meet their valuation. It’s fair enough we did the same with Ake and Chelsea.
Some similarities but not really the same.
Ake wanted to move from the best team in England to the third best team for more playing time. I’m sure he’s OK with staying now that the move has broken down.
Cucurella to City is a dream move for the player and moves his career into a different stratosphere.
He’ll be devastated if it breaks down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.