Most overrated City player ever?

Some ridiculous shouts in here. Kompany was an excellent old school defender who was very much in the mould of all the good PL CBs in the 2000s and early 2010s. It’s only since Pep (and Klopp) arrived that defenders have had to be so good so far away from their own goal in the PL, before then they were all massively reactive and having to put out fires. Vinny actually showed a pretty good ability to play out from the back later in his career, probably developed from being a defensive midfielder earlier on. One of the best CBs the PL has seen.

Also can’t believe I’ve seen David Silva and Fernandinho mentioned for not scoring big goals and not being in the same class as Makalele and Busquets who are arguably the two best ever. Don’t think people understand the roles players have played or what overrated actually means.

Players like Kinkladze (or for example Elano) were correctly rated at the time, they were the best of our poor to average sides and made us feel a bit better about being a bit naff.

To answer the question: Sané, electrifying on his day and highly rated by our fanbase but Pep was bang on to let him go. Too inconsistent and prone to days where he’d be kicking his feet out on the touch line.

Nicky reid by a mile...Ran around and up and down like an athlete..Must have been a good trainer because as a footballer he was rubbish...

Yes because they had a dig at Kinkladze’s goal record ?
That would have meant him running most likely....which he didn't like to do much of! As I have said, I loved Kinky, he is still one of my fave City players....but he did F-all at Ajax and even less at Derby after leaving us so maybe, just maybe he wasn't all that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.