WEURO22 Final Winners England 2 v Germany 1 AET 31st July Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's going to be plenty of interviews in the coming days where Alex can make her comments not when we should be celebrating.
Its like just getting married and calling out all your previous boy/girlfriends.

Plus slagging off potential promotors of the Women's game ain't a clever thing to do.

Wright's comments about fixtures I already commented on other posts but I'm sure you're trying to find a different angle....
Not so much trying as seeing. Up to you to feel what you feel Sir.

Great to see this result today and a big fuck off to to all of those who have criticised Ian Wright and Alex Scott for saying it like it is.
My second cousin played for Manchester Corinthian Ladies in the 50s. For those that don't know they were a ladies football team from Manchester that toured internationally and were true pioneers of the women's game, in fact our very own Bert Trautmann chaperoned them on their tour of Germany in the late 50s. They were at one time the unofficial England ladies team and I'm proud to say our Barbara was a part of that team (and a blue!). The only reason they were unofficial was because the FA banned women from playing! Hard to believe but true.. My daughters have played at County and Elite Centre of Excellence level for various clubs throughout their teens and are now at Loughborough University doing sports (they've obviously inherited the football gene from Barbara, definitely not from me!). Over the years I have witnessed the prejudice and piss taking against the women's game first hand and It's no surprise to hear people airing their small-minded opinion on here that there's a time and a place for comments about women's standing in the game (probably the same people that moan about taking the knee and footballers having a social conscience etc). Alex and Ian's comments are fully justified. To hear people say there's a tine and place for this kind if thing can fuck right off..the women's game has limited exposure compared to the men's game so if there's an opportunity to tell people like it is to a big audience then fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.