2022 Commonwealth Games

Denise Lewis is very tidy for 49. I do like an older women when they look like her.

On another note, swimming at this speed looks absolutely exhausting. I think I’d just end up sinking with no energy to get back above water.
Fit as fuck. Denise not the swimmers. Although they are obviously fit in the truest sense of the........

I'll leave I think:-)

Yeah, going forwards maybe Kenya can start to have more of a presence in the sprint events too.
It's strange how certain countries seem good at certain events. Sprints mainly carribean/america. Middle distance bit of a mix and long distance mainly African.

It's strange how certain countries seem good at certain events. Sprints mainly carribean. Middle distance bit of a mix and long distance mainly African.
Yeah, East African really I suppose, though I am reminded of Said Aouita and some other North Africans.

Watched the women’s weightlifting today, it was great. And the English woman who won is an absolute star.
I’d never watched this before. Worried about the number of very young girls (16/17/18) taking part in the lower weight categories and can’t help thinking that they are doing real long term damage to their bodies.
It became a fascinating watch. All the tactics of the coaches, the clock and the weights added. Another world entirely. It was certainly helped by the expert commentary of Michaela Breeze.
Some real characters in this sport…and some incredibly stupid coaches.

At last England has a national anthem worthy of respect.
They used to use “Land of Hope And Glory” back in the day. “Jerusalem“ is an improvement but hardly inspiring and nobody knows the words.
They should use the Spice Girls “I’ll Tell You What I Want” or that old classic from every school assembly “Reach For The Stars” by S Club 7.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.