2022 Commonwealth Games

They used to use “Land of Hope And Glory” back in the day. “Jerusalem“ is an improvement but hardly inspiring and nobody knows the words.
They should use the Spice Girls “I’ll Tell You What I Want” or that old classic from every school assembly “Reach For The Stars” by S Club 7.
Why not Agadoo? It's more representative of England.

Why not Agadoo? It's more representative of England.
And it would get everyone singing along. Looks like the English public have already voted - “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond.
Scotland have already got “Yes Sir I Can Boogie” and we’re happy with that as backup to “Flower of Scotland”.

The first verses of ‘There’ll always be an England’. Take out the verses relating to Empire.

‘There’ll always be an England
While there’s a country Lane
Wherever there’s a cottage small
Beside a field of grain

There’ll always be an England
While there’s a busy street
Wherever there’s a turning wheel
A million marching feet.

Red, white and blue
What does it mean to you?
Surely your proud, shout it aloud
Briton’s awake’

?? :-) ;-)

The first verses of ‘There’ll always be an England’. Take out the verses relating to Empire.

‘There’ll always be an England
While there’s a country Lane
Wherever there’s a cottage small
Beside a field of grain

There’ll always be an England
While there’s a busy street
Wherever there’s a turning wheel
A million marching feet.

Red, white and blue
What does it mean to you?
Surely your proud, shout it aloud
Briton’s awake’

?? :-) ;-)
Nope…….not as catchy as Agadoo.

Yeah, the accents are comedy gold, but I found everyone involved really friendly & professional.
Even the armed cops outside Smithfield on Sunday were posing for photos with kids.
Think they've done a good job. They've not tried to be something they're not and have got the atmosphere and tone right I think. Stuff I've been to far has all run like clockwork.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.