2022 Commonwealth Games

England play “Jerusalem ” - an inspired cheerful choice.
The FA Cup song is “Abide With Me” and “The referee’s a wanker”
At the games in Manchester it was “Land of Hope and Glory”, I prefer that to “Jerusalem”. The lyrics don’t help it though “wider still and wider shall thy bounds be set”, harks back to the Empire when we exploited most of the Commonwealth countries.

I was there on the back strait.
Looked fabulous mate. I’m going Saturday. Is it a decent set up at the venue & transport-wise? I read West Midlands have made all the public transport free whilst the games is on.

Went for 2 days - Weightlifting, Swimming (Peaty 50m), Boxing QF’s and Athletics (EMcC & KJT).

Hotel brilliant, transport good and people great. Only quibble was the toilet facilities at Sandwell which were a bloody disgrace, not even 3rd World standard.

Looked fabulous mate. I’m going Saturday. Is it a decent set up at the venue & transport-wise? I read West Midlands have made all the public transport free whilst the games is on.
Transport is free just show your ticket if they ask. If you go to the NEC via Birmingham International it is a bloody long hike to the security tents. After the weightlifting my son and I blagged our way back to the Station by the route used for accreditation people by telling the bloke on the door that I had a heart condition (sorry).

You will have a great time, lots of places to eat and drink at each venue but expect to pay over the odds.

Transport is free just show your ticket if they ask. If you go to the NEC via Birmingham International it is a bloody long hike to the security tents. After the weightlifting my son and I blagged our way back to the Station by the route used for accreditation people by telling the bloke on the door that I had a heart condition (sorry).

You will have a great time, lots of places to eat and drink at each venue but expect to pay over the odds.
Cheers pal

Who the fuck’s that in the studio on BBC2?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.