CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

It still pisses me off that we were fined for not cooperating with the investigation.
If the police charged you with a crime and then ame to you asking for details to help them build a case you would tell them to get fucked.
They should have charged us based on evidence that they had and that should have been the end if it.
The fine was there just to give the illusion of guilt on our part.

The CAS fine was because we didn't cooperate with UEFA, having previously agreed to cooperate with them in the regs of the competition.
Yes, City had reasons not to cooperate, but it was a fairly clear breach. They have to punish that or no-one would ever cooperate again.

It still pisses me off that we were fined for not cooperating with the investigation.
If the police charged you with a crime and then ame to you asking for details to help them build a case you would tell them to get fucked.
They should have charged us based on evidence that they had and that should have been the end if it.
The fine was there just to give the illusion of guilt on our part.
To be fair, we agree to UEFA's licensing rules so we would need to comply with them. In civil cases (as this is) parties are obligated to disclose documents and evidence that both supports and weakens their case. Those are the rules.

I read a year ago that if City are not charged by the end of this year that almost all of the “evidence” will be time barred.

I know the PL has no time limits, unlike UEFA, but general law still seemed to apply. Some said it didn’t but most insisted it did.

If the above is correct and City haven’t been accused of anything by the end of this year it’s unlikely anything will be found.

@projectriver

I doubt it will ever go away.
In case we forget our owner was never welcomed.
At first we thought it would stop when FFP was defeated at CAS but the resentment is deep and based on fear.

How right they were to be afraid, he has defeated them on and off the field of play.

I don’t think it will, Uefa have been coming after us well before Pep’s appointment. Who ever we have in charge, City are a threat to the football status quo.
Maybe, and it will be interesting. But I see City's total and utter success down to Pep, not the money. I think once Pep goes we will become one of the top dogs instead of THE top dog, and they will leave us alone. IE its ok to play but we're not allowed to win.

We will see though, unless Pep NEVER leaves :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.