CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

This is why I think City should announce they are happy for it to be released - a "it's not us guv." at very least we should be briefing
If for whatever reason certain material is taken out by CAS despite say City protests can we legally ask for an explanation?
My point being that it will remove context that may help others to skew reporting.

Evidence of this is the biased reporting in most media since their initial verdict which in fairness was clear but still reported as guilt and technicalities.

That's wrong. It was a third-party hosted application they accessed, which we had our own partition on ( at least as I understand it). So I don't think we would have been responsible for security. If someone had an active login then I suspect they'd be allowed on.
If it were a third party application, the club may still have been responsible for certain housekeeping duties like access control.

The current Bluemoon experience:

YVi.gif

That's wrong. It was a third-party hosted application they accessed, which we had our own partition on ( at least as I understand it). So I don't think we would have been responsible for security. If someone had an active login then I suspect they'd be allowed on.

Man city would still be the "controller" of the data in question even if it was hosted by a third party, so therefore would be liable for any breaches, this is why companies need to do Data Privacy Impact assessments under DPA2018 where the data stored could hold special category data. (ie. medical information) Under the DPA the controller of the data must make sure the data is secure and safe, this also extends to people that process the data on the controllers behalf. This is why companies have password policies where users must change their password every x days/weeks/months so even if a password was breached unknowingly, it would be changed at some point.

Man city would still be the "controller" of the data in question even if it was hosted by a third party, so therefore would be liable for any breaches, this is why companies need to do Data Privacy Impact assessments under DPA2018 where the data stored could hold special category data. (ie. medical information) Under the DPA the controller of the data must make sure the data is secure and safe, this also extends to people that process the data on the controllers behalf. This is why companies have password policies where users must change their password every x days/weeks/months so even if a password was breached unknowingly, it would be changed at some point.
GDPR is wank.

GDPR is wank.
The (alleged) criminal offences committed by Liverpool FC employees and any associated civil breaches of data security requirements by City would pre-date GDPR and the DPA 2018, to be fair. They would be under the previous Data Protection Act 1998.
The irony is that action would probably now be time-barred. Now where have we heard that before...

Best practice is not to reveal login details but given that the person whose login was used is still with us, then we must assume his password was stolen somehow without his knowledge. As the two who presumably stole it went straight to Liverpool then you have to wonder if they weren't acting under instructions to start with.
Any further info on the release of news against certain clubs?

The (alleged) criminal offences committed by Liverpool FC employees and any associated civil breaches of data security requirements by City would pre-date GDPR and the DPA 2018, to be fair. They would be under the previous Data Protection Act 1998.
The irony is that action would probably now be time-barred. Now where have we heard that before...
It’s still wank, though. And fucking tedious too.

This is why I think City should announce they are happy for it to be released - a "it's not us guv." at very least we should be briefing
All the signs are that City do not brief even when warranted. Why on earth not, I cannot comprehend. This whole saga calls out for active issues management.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.