United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat here in the beautiful Okanagan Valley and at 4 it’s a balmy 34C so respect to those who went today.

Been great reading this thread, seeing the pain of ushited “fans” welcome to what 20 years of thin and thinner feels like.

From the highlights I saw Brentford look a decent side. Never thought I’d say this but with the way they broke on the counter They will pose more of a threat than the scum.

My dead great aunt poses more of a threat than that lot.

Just watched Match of the Day. At the very end of the review of the Brentford vs Utd. game Alan Shearer said something really strange: "I'm convinced that someone at Man United leaked the Arnautovitch story, just to gauge the reaction. The reaction was so bad, they had to pull out....". What did he mean?

Was he suggesting that a striker already at United did it to safeguard their own position? If so who might that be? Was he criticising United fans for their reaction? Because as much as we like to mock them (and today has been a good day for that), they kind of did a good thing in blocking the recruitment of a guy with wrong-headed views.

It was all very odd. Neither Lineker or Micah Richards picked him up on the remark or asked him what he meant, well they had spent ages on the game already!

Neville still banging the drum it’s the glazers fault, it’s Fergies fault end of, walking the corridors like the fucking grim reaper.
Yep, great isn't it ?

They do have good players to be fair, but there hasn't been a "plan" since 2013 when he fucked off, just a collective buying of what "might" be good, see swales.

It's delightful, and this guy hasn't got a plan either, they could genuinely be in the shit this season, a bit like leicester.

Not sure Redknapp & Neville like each other any more.

Redknapp is spot on. They have spent millions on players who are basically not good enough. The owners might be taking money out of the club, but they are not responsible for selecting new players and the performances on the pitch. Neville really losing his rag there and loved it when Jamie said “look at me when I am talking to you”. Hope you had a pleasant evening Gary.

Just watched Match of the Day. At the very end of the review of the Brentford vs Utd. game Alan Shearer said something really strange: "I'm convinced that someone at Man United leaked the Arnautovitch story, just to gauge the reaction. The reaction was so bad, they had to pull out....". What did he mean?

Was he suggesting that a striker already at United did it to safeguard their own position? If so who might that be? Was he criticising United fans for their reaction? Because as much as we like to mock them (and today has been a good day for that), they kind of did a good thing in blocking the recruitment of a guy with wrong-headed views.

It was all very odd. Neither Lineker or Micah Richards picked him up on the remark or asked him what he meant, well they had spent ages on the game already!
I believe that Alan Shearer says many strange things on MOTD - I wouldn’t know as he is always on MUTE when I watch.
Conspiracy theory would seem to be beyond Alan Shearer but perhaps he sees himself as the new David Icke??
Wonder which lizard at OT leaked the ‘scoop’??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.