Frenkie de Jong

This is the key bit. Im not arguing about the rest of it...but to let him go without this would be a huge mistake. Gundo and KDB are brilliant but both are older and could suffer fatigue injuries or drops in form (less likely on the second bit). Mahrez hugely inconsistent and Grealish lets say still finding his way.

We saw the mistake the club made with letting Zinch go before we had a replacement. We cannot make a mistake like that again in this scenario...

Hence what Im saying and regardless of our willingness to let players go when they want without argument (though I also think this always puts us in a weaker negotiating position when getting fees but I also recognise the positives of this stance) we have to stand firm if we Barca (or PSG - less likely) try to come in with a very late, end of the day offer which wouldnt give us time to get a replacement in. In that scenario, we have to say to the player, "sorry but its now too late despite what we have promised you.....".....the squad strength has to come first.

Secondly (opinion only) - we wont get anyone with equal quality and therefore it weakens the squad longer term.....we will have to replace Gundo, KDB and Mahrez (not such an issue for me) probably within 18 months.....People are presuming we will get Bellingham....is he the right player? - no idea really but the scousers will also be in for him big time as they also need to update their midfield.

Thirdly - the fee - letting him go for anything less than 80m would be criminal and dealing with Barca the money has to be upfront...no helping them out despite our relationship with them (which isnt a relationship as its totally one sided).....No deal should include FDJ - he is an inferior player who hasnt done well at Barca and is overrated...plus we dont need his skill set ...we need a player with a similar skill set to Bernardo, one how is great in the tight spaces and with the ball at his feet....Where/who is that player...no idea...but it aint FDJ (and im not saying he isnt a good player)
“Hugely inconsistent” Mahrez was our leading scorer last year, and has just signed a new contract!

The way Silva been going around the ground giving his shirt away it seems to him he is 100% going! Maybe we all looking the wrong way it’s psg who going to buy him and we get Neymar

This is not true at all.

His salary is 14m euros a season. £225k

The reason he’s supposed to be getting paid €22m for the next few seasons is because he deferred €17m over the last 2 years.
Oh please.. are you telling me he passed over City's offer of 150k a week for that at Barcelona?

Use some common sense over what the tabloids tell you. He got more than triple our offer from Barca.

This is not true at all.

His salary is 14m euros a season. £225k

The reason he’s supposed to be getting paid €22m for the next few seasons is because he deferred €17m over the last 2 years.
So without all the deferment and fuckery, the contract he is on is €21.5m a year. Any next club is gonna have to talk him into less (or be mad to give him that)

So without all the deferment and fuckery, the contract he is on is €21.5m a year. Any next club is gonna have to talk him into less (or be mad to give him that)

No, without all the “deferment and fuckery” his contract is 14m a year.

16m was deferred over the last 2 years, so now for the next few years he’s earning his standard 14m plus the deferred wages.

Last edited:
Oh please.. are you telling me he passed over City's offer of 150k a week for that at Barcelona?

Use some common sense over what the tabloids tell you. He got more than triple our offer from Barca.

I’d rather use the extremely precise and I depth details published by journalists who’ve seen his contract in person than your brand of “common sense”

So the top two results on Google have him earning £164k or £470k (€560k) a week. Which basically sounds like everyone is guessing. If we still want him, considering he turned us down previously, I'm sure we'll have a salary somewhere between those that works for us and it'll be up to him if he likes the pay rise / can cope on such a small salary.

As for the €17m owed, that's relatively simple to resolve either by Barca paying it or the new club paying it as a bonus and reducing the transfer fee accordingly. Suspect there will be some discussions by all parties about the most efficient way to do that - the UK income and corporation tax rates are slightly lower in the UK, therefore de Jong could get the same with the buying club paying less than he's owed.

But I'd still rather keep Bernard.

Attachments

• IMG_20220814_142918.jpg
    IMG_20220814_142918.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 44

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.