Games that brought you back to earth with a thump

After City beat QPR In the FA Cup away 1993? 2-1 we drew Barnsley at Maine Road and won 2-0
Then came Spurs and ripped us to pieces at Maine Road despite us scoring first via Sheron
What a come down!
Any one else got similar game memories?
Was my 1st game ever phelen scored a worldy to make it 4.2

There are two for me that stand out.

After the miracle at White Hart Lane we went to the rags next round with 10,000 plus supporting us and lost 4-2 to a 10 man rag side. I can’t tell you how pissed off I was after that.

Beating Blackpool in the old Div 2 3-0 and thinking all would be good. Full house. Happy days.

Friday after I trudged it down to London for the Fulham game - 3-0 loss!

Maine road : spurs Fa cup quarter final.
Etihad: Rags when pogba scored two
Wembley: Wigan final
But plenty of great time too. CTID

More recent but when Pep’s Bayern came to play us in 2013 I was staggered at the gulf between the two sides. We were blowing teams away in England and I though we had a chance in the CL. Was I wrong !
Pep had Lahm, nominally a full back, playing in the middle of the park (sounds commonplace now but wasn’t then) and we just couldn’t get a kick. It was genuine men v boys. Joe Hart had a mare and it was only a late Negredo goal that made the score line more respectable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.