Worst City players you remember

Ahhh, John foster was my guy
Was not even anywhere near the best player at our school.
I was astounded and I mean astounded when I learnt he had got himself a professional contract with us.
I could not believe it. I tell you now it would have surprised me if someone back then told me had got himself a contract with a non league club.

I remember it well and also remember Lee Bradbury's first touch where the ball cannoned about six yards off his shin. Mind you I thought Mangala looked good in his first match!
Controversial opinion - I thought Bradbury had turned a bit of a corner just before we sold him and was a little disappointed to see him go!

I thought Bony was half-decent early on at City but he caught malaria in Africa and lost all his strength and pace.
We'll never know if he could ever be as prolific as he was with Swansea but the illness must have played some part in his decline.

It's almost as though our worst players would be in the team that finished in our lowest ever league positions. - And you can add a few from Royle's first relegation season as well.
Yeah. Wasn't their fault, these players were were only playing to their ability levels (mostly). But Beesley and Wassall playing at the back from us stands out for me as the moment it really dawned just how far we'd slipped and that we weren't coming back anytime soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.