Worst City players you remember

Agreed IMHO. Kevin Keegan had his shortcomings at times but he knew a footballer when he saw one. Which is why I have never been able to understand how on earth he came to sign Negouai.
Mmm
Players like Vuoso, Sommeil, and Macken all for substantial fees suggest that he didn't always spot a footballer with his purchases.
When you add in the crocks he signed who may have been decent footballers previously but we're injury riddled liabilities for us I think his record in the transfer market wasnt great.

Mmm
Players like Vuoso, Sommeil, and Macken all for substantial fees suggest that he didn't always spot a footballer with his purchases.
When you add in the crocks he signed who may have been decent footballers previously but we're injury riddled liabilities for us I think his record in the transfer market wasnt great.
As I said, KK had his shortcomings. I'm not for one minute disputing that he made some duff signings, but he made some decent ones as well - Ali B, Berkovic, Pearce for example. All those who you mention at least looked like footballers, or had once been, but Negouai didn't even come close to that.

Mmm
He bought Vuoso off a video, never having seen him play.
Half his purchases were chosen by Willie McKay. (Some funny business there)

Last edited:
Wilfred Bony. i was buzzing when he signed but he was a flop. a very expensive one at that
I remember Bony's debut in 2015, at home to Newcastle, and we won 5-0. I too was looking forward to him being a good signing but as I recall, he was put through their defence, it was a one-on-one, and he made an awful hash of it.
I thought it might be nerves or over-eagerness, but I also remember thinking "Have we made an awful mistake here>". Anyone else remember that?

I remember Bony's debut in 2015, at home to Newcastle, and we won 5-0. I too was looking forward to him being a good signing but as I recall, he was put through their defence, it was a one-on-one, and he made an awful hash of it.
I thought it might be nerves or over-eagerness, but I also remember thinking "Have we made an awful mistake here>". Anyone else remember that?
I remember it well and also remember Lee Bradbury's first touch where the ball cannoned about six yards off his shin. Mind you I thought Mangala looked good in his first match!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.