Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

A one tier stand was never going to be the agreed option.

Many on here won’t like it but without corporate options the stand doesn’t get built. It’s only viable if it there are corporate elements to it and a one tier stand would not only not offer anything new - but would also see existing boxes ripped out. That was never gonna happen.

With the huge increase in demand for tickets this season, they are rinsing tourists with general admission seats on tier 3, with a standard meal at Goucho or Vermillion for £500 !!!! That’s mental but shows the demand. I can most of L2 being semi corporate or corporate within a couple of years of new stand completed with an equivalent of legends in the middle of the new development.

It won’t make a difference to atmosphere. It’s the people that matter - not the stands or layout.

Ok mate youre probably right
Probably? Or possibly? Big difference. Seems like you are taking the piss although it is admittedly very difficult to judge context by a post on a forum, so apologies if I have read your riposte wrongly.

Obviously you have good info through people you know and speak to and I have no reason to doubt anything you post. I have only ever posted once before with cast iron information and that referred to City bidding for Jamie Vardy, which was bollox. A relative of mine (a CEO at an EFL club) knew his agent and at the time it was Chelsea bidding, not us.

Anyway mate, don't, in any way shape or form, want to fall out with a fellow blue over something that we have no control over (especially, if you own Kickair!). The development of the collar site is of interest to many of us and in my opinion the more genuine information posted the better.

Let's all just raise a glass to complete and utter domination.

Have on very good authority that the land accommodating the Merc garage has been acquired by Kickair.

Please don't shoot the messenger but this info is, as far as I am aware through work contacts, cast iron 100%.

Due to the sensitive nature of this info, please don't pester for sources and the like, as I cannot accommodate but I must insist (due to the usual Bluemoon pile ons) I am not wumming.

Take it or leave it as you will, has absolutely no effect on my life whatsoever.

Just thought I'd share in good faith.

Thanks.

Would make sense if they see the wider Etihad Campus as a future leisure destination.

There's also a young and financially well off (tech, IT, etc) population in the city centre looking for a bit of fun and with money to burn. Might try it myself. :-) FOC-Kickair-sprained ankle.

Last edited:
Thanks.

Would make sense if they see the wider Etihad Campus as a future leisure destination.

There's also a young and financially well off (tech, IT, etc) population in the city centre looking for a but of fun and with money to burn. Might try it myself. :-) FOC-Kickair-sprained ankle.

Have been told that this development will be quite "high-tech" compared to Cheetham Hill complex and also on multiple levels (meaning multiple floors).

Will post more information if I get any.

A one tier stand was never going to be the agreed option.

Many on here won’t like it but without corporate options the stand doesn’t get built. It’s only viable if it there are corporate elements to it and a one tier stand would not only not offer anything new - but would also see existing boxes ripped out. That was never gonna happen.

With the huge increase in demand for tickets this season, they are rinsing tourists with general admission seats on tier 3, with a standard meal at Goucho or Vermillion for £500 !!!! That’s mental but shows the demand. I can most of L2 being semi corporate or corporate within a couple of years of new stand completed with an equivalent of legends in the middle of the new development.

It won’t make a difference to atmosphere. It’s the people that matter - not the stands or layout.

If and when the success cycle tails off, those corporates will be gone. But the new local hardcore that would fill those 1 or 2 tier (safe standing) seats would stay once hooked.

City need to be very careful who they target and who they want.
The priority should be young fans, families, and City fans who have given up going but want to come back again. They won't be doing that paying £150 for a match ticket, a meal, a drink, and a match programme.

If and when the success cycle tails off, those corporates will be gone. But the new local hardcore that would fill those 1 or 2 tier (safe standing) seats would stay once hooked.

The priority should be young fans, families, and City fans who have given up going but want to come back again. They won't be doing that paying £150 for a match ticket, a meal, a drink, and a match programme.

If as we have been told a new stand has an increased capacity of 8000 - then a lounge similar to the Legends would only account for 450 seats.

The other 7500 seats will be normal seats.

Corporate and normal seats will both be catered for.

( I think the new stand will be an extra 7000 seats )

BTW @jrb

As a reader more than a poster, may I take this opportunity to thank you for your incredible contributions to BM over the years with regards to your photos and updates on City's infrastructure and developments.

In my humble opinion, you are just the type of poster this forum needs, due to your unswerving devotion in providing positive contributions against the unending tide of negativity fed to the uneducated masses by the MSM.

"round of applause, sir"

Question for the building and architecture enthusiasts on here, will City make any money on the new arena. or have the red tops, tried to stop that revenue stream as well.

Well if it is gonna be 3 tier hopefully level 1 (which I’m sure it will be) is made safe standing, I’m not disappointed although a single or two tier would’ve been nice, I just want it built, must say I’ve been impressed with how the sound has travelled around the stadium in level 1 this season, I’m in CB1 and you can feel the sound grow from SS1 to EL1 and right down to the North stand on occasions, there’s been several times where everyone in the stands are on their feet singing, makes me wonder whether making EL1 safe standing as well is a good idea, the atmosphere tends to travel far better & it would almost connect the three stands, we’d be back to the Kippax days

Probably? Or possibly? Big difference. Seems like you are taking the piss although it is admittedly very difficult to judge context by a post on a forum, so apologies if I have read your riposte wrongly.

Obviously you have good info through people you know and speak to and I have no reason to doubt anything you post. I have only ever posted once before with cast iron information and that referred to City bidding for Jamie Vardy, which was bollox. A relative of mine (a CEO at an EFL club) knew his agent and at the time it was Chelsea bidding, not us.

Anyway mate, don't, in any way shape or form, want to fall out with a fellow blue over something that we have no control over (especially, if you own Kickair!). The development of the collar site is of interest to many of us and in my opinion the more genuine information posted the better.

Let's all just raise a glass to complete and utter domination.
Woah mate im doing nothing of the sort! Your info seemed better placed than mine thats all so i was agreeing that youre probably right!
Thats all

My guy wouldnt be directly involved in such land acquisitions.
He was telling me about the stand extension and i mentioned the asda across the road as i heard we were buying that. He just replied “no but weve bought the merc garage”. That was it your info seems better placed

Keep your knickers on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.