Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

City could sell sand to the Arabs at the moment if they could get tickets.

City/we need to expand our hardcore support first and foremost, not add a few hundred more corporate seats and another corporate bar/restaurant.

United get 70,000+ and are expanding OT.
Liverpool get 54,000 and are expanding Anfield to 60,000+.
Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham average 60,000.
Chlesea have revived plans to redevelop Stamford Bridge.

The fact City reduced the Etihad capacity by 2000 seats to install larger LED advertising boards is shameful.

1 of my mates and his dad who sat on the 2nd row pre lager LED advertising boards for years were moved further up the rows and were eventually priced out as they had no option but to buy more expensive seats that they couldn't afford. I have to take my mates word for that.

Those front row seats they put in and then pulled out weren’t the best to be honest. The view wasn’t great, people complained about getting wet because they weren’t close to being under the roof and the uptake on them was amongst the lowest in the whole stadium.

We also know that the club are planning to increase capacity to about 60k within a couple of seasons so I don’t think we need to worry too much about tickets being available for normal fans. It’ll be nice to have a full stadium and high demand for the time being and helps us sell out games like Seville in the CL which could be a dead rubber.

City could sell sand to the Arabs at the moment if they could get tickets.

City/we need to expand our hardcore support first and foremost, not add a few hundred more corporate seats and another corporate bar/restaurant.

United get 70,000+ and are expanding OT.
Liverpool get 54,000 and are expanding Anfield to 60,000+.
Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham average 60,000.
Chlesea have revived plans to redevelop Stamford Bridge.

The fact City reduced the Etihad capacity by 2000 seats to install larger LED advertising boards is shameful.

1 of my mates and his dad who sat on the 2nd row pre lager LED advertising boards for years were moved further up the rows and were eventually priced out as they had no option but to buy more expensive seats that they couldn't afford. I have to take my mates word for that.

It's a balance. Haaland has made a huge impact on ticket sales. And corporates will be all over our hospitality offerings if we continue to have big names in the team. But it's not generally been our model, and post-Pep we might struggle to attract the world's best. If they can improve hospitality to maximise revenue to offset GA tickets for the hardcore support we're all fine with that. I'm fully with you on the desire for a home end in the North Stand, but I think it's unlikely unfortunately and the club will want to match the SS and have different pricing options.

Those front row seats they put in and then pulled out weren’t the best to be honest. The view wasn’t great, people complained about getting wet because they weren’t close to being under the roof and the uptake on them was amongst the lowest in the whole stadium.

We also know that the club are planning to increase capacity to about 60k within a couple of seasons so I don’t think we need to worry too much about tickets being available for normal fans. It’ll be nice to have a full stadium and high demand for the time being and helps us sell out games like Seville in the CL which could be a dead rubber.
This is exactly right. We weren’t selling out and those seats pulled out were terrible when it rains. An opportunity came for groundbreaking advertising tech which was generates a lot of money for the club. Would they do it now we are selling out - probably not but it made financial sense at the time.

Now in a position to build a new stand which will have a small percentage of corporate and 6000+ non corporate seats.

Hopefully keeps everybody happy

It's a balance. Haaland has made a huge impact on ticket sales. And corporates will be all over our hospitality offerings if we continue to have big names in the team. But it's not generally been our model, and post-Pep we might struggle to attract the world's best. If they can improve hospitality to maximise revenue to offset GA tickets for the hardcore support we're all fine with that. I'm fully with you on the desire for a home end in the North Stand, but I think it's unlikely unfortunately and the club will want to match the SS and have different pricing options.
If you think the club will stand by and watch the rags, dippers, and Chelsea increase capacity and not react I think your very wrong.

The owners are looking well beyond the tenure of Pep, the capacity needs and will be increased.

Make tickets easy to obtain and affordable, and for a majority of games the capacity will be filled.

As a club, we would make more money if we developed the whole site and made it an all-week destination for people at the moment it is only a destination for a select bunch of athletes building the arena is a massive step forward in all week destination but the rest of the site needs to be developed to support it. Loads of good points above we need we new younger fans to join the club this can be done by two routes buying players like Haaland so creating a draw to the club or by mum and dad are taking them to the newly developed Collar site and the young kids seeing the amazing stadium and facilities look at what Manchester United did by branding their stadium"Theater of Dreams" this creates all week football tourism just like when you go the Nou Camp and its village as well. Barcelona and Real Madrid have noticed this and this is why they are spending billions on their stadiums and the surrounding areas to lock in people who visit their stadiums by having bars etc next to the ground and having an arena to attract more people to the area look at the world most expensive stadium the world the SOFI stadium is LA is not just a stadium it's a complex that has an arena, a lake offices and bars restaurants so creating it own all day footfall, look at this slick marketing used by the LA Rams towards there stadium

As a club, we would make more money if we developed the whole site and made it an all-week destination for people at the moment it is only a destination for a select bunch of athletes building the arena is a massive step forward in all week destination but the rest of the site needs to be developed to support it. Loads of good points above we need we new younger fans to join the club this can be done by two routes buying players like Haaland so creating a draw to the club or by mum and dad are taking them to the newly developed Collar site and the young kids seeing the amazing stadium and facilities look at what Manchester United did by branding their stadium"Theater of Dreams" this creates all week football tourism just like when you go the Nou Camp and its village as well. Barcelona and Real Madrid have noticed this and this is why they are spending billions on their stadiums and the surrounding areas to lock in people who visit their stadiums by having bars etc next to the ground and having an arena to attract more people to the area look at the world most expensive stadium the world the SOFI stadium is LA is not just a stadium it's a complex that has an arena, a lake offices and bars restaurants so creating it own all day footfall, look at this slick marketing used by the LA Rams towards there stadium

Where the fuck are we supposed to fit a lake? We've got a perfectly good canal, if we had a lake there wouldn't be enough asda trolleys to fill it, I'm not sure you have thought this through at all

I'm paraphrasing the Colchester owner, but he said something along the lines of....

"We moved from Layer Road to the new ground with the principle of if we build it, they will come. Well, we've built it and no one has fucking come."
Lol, poor bloke. Good job we’re a completely different club to Colchester & not moving to a new ground then eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.