They played for City and United

I was just idly thinking of those who played for us and the rags.
The first most notable chap was of course the great Billy Meredith. But of those since WW2, I came up with:

D Law
B Kidd
J Gidman
A Kanchelskis
S McIlroy
P Schmeichel
P Beardsley (just one League Cup match for Utd)
P Barnes
W(yn) Davies
C Tevez

There are two others who came to us from OT: Tony Whelan and Peter Bodak, but Whelan played only friendlies for United's first team on tour, and Bodak played no games at all for the rags. (They were both rubbish)

That's quite a lot, but I have probably forgotten someone. First-team appearances only.
S Turnbull

Andrew Cole.
Isn't this one of those things that has blown up over the years from something quite small? I remember having a bit of a Google in lockdown and couldn't actually find much to it. I always assumed it had been this big deal, and the media sort of ran with it, but all he'd done is answer a question about what his family and friends called him and he answered it honestly but he didn't mind Andy either.

Cole at City is an absolute memory block for me. I've seen pictures and videos, and was going to games fairly often then, but I'm always surprised by it when someone reminds me and can never remember a single thing about it. I'm convinced the world is playing tricks on me.

It was a bizarre time, in spells him and Vassell, as a partnership, were like world beaters.

I never class Tevez as playing for the Scum. He was on loan to them via West Ham, non?

Didn't they toy with making him a perm signing and he decided to take our offer instead?

Don't class a loanee player as one of theirs.
This is some creative headcanon. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.