Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup | Post Match Thread

I seriously think we're in trouble this season. Terrible transfer window. We buy the best cf in the world and a brilliant young forward, and then neglect the glaring holes at full back and in centre mid. We could win fuck all with a 40+ goal a season forward. Bad management and planning. I fear for Saturday. Maybe we just call it a transition season

Knew it didn’t feel right when we wore that monstrosity of a third kit.
Don’t know about anyone else my eyes were sore watching the 2 kits clash.
Have to agree with you about the kit selection. It was awful to watch and a shocking choice!

Fuck me your glad we got beat?
Me I'm fucking fuming as I'm sure hundreds of other fans who made the long trip

Whilst I get that and understand about travelling fans, nobody is guaranteed a win. It's not a rule.

Less games equals less chance of injury and better quality concentration going forward.

The more games there are, the more likely the dip in form elongates.

My being 'glad' is simply about getting back to form quicker.

For me it's a psychological issue to beat perceived rivals, which is why top teams often capitulate against lower established teams, cos they don't see them as a challenge.

Tonight's game had all the hallmark of overconfidence and expecting a lower based team to roll over.

Personally, I'm glad we got beat as you have to be on it all the time, by working the game, properly. Not just expect to win.
In my opinion the league cup was our best chance of silverware this season.

This squad is not good enough to win the league or CL. For me tonight shown our squad has roughly a quarter of them who need to be sold.

Need to grab our collective bollocks on Saturday, send out a statement. Pep has to know who he can trust and who he can't now

The worst performance under Pep. Not the end of the world but a wake-up call. Need to be ruthless to move forward now. Many of those players in the initial team tonight are not going to reach the level we need. We need to offload them in a managed way. Palmer and Gomez will never be elite players. We have blundered with Phillips and Grealish. Move them all on one by one and also Cancelo who looks like a one-season wonder. Our first choice 11 is still fantastic and could win the PL and CL this season. No time for being sentimental and I am sure Pep knows this. We need two fullbacks and back-up for Rodri and perhaps a rapid winger. You can't stand still. I think we will still beat United.
Perhaps a rapid winger? It should be our priority.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.