Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup | Post Match Thread

It also aids disrupting play if the opponents are getting a rhythm then make a sub also not allowing enough time added on so a double whammy
That doesn't really change things. You still only get 3 windows to make subs. Same as last season. For example 1+1+1 and this seaon could be 2+1+2 players entering the pitch as a sub.

It's the 5 fresh legs that are making it harder for us.

The worst performance under Pep. Not the end of the world but a wake-up call. Need to be ruthless to move forward now. Many of those players in the initial team tonight are not going to reach the level we need. We need to offload them in a managed way. Palmer and Gomez will never be elite players. We have blundered with Phillips and Grealish. Move them all on one by one and also Cancelo who looks like a one-season wonder. Our first choice 11 is still fantastic and could win the PL and CL this season. No time for being sentimental and I am sure Pep knows this. We need two fullbacks and back-up for Rodri and perhaps a rapid winger. You can't stand still. I think we will still beat United.

Is it any surprise we have declined as a team this year when we have replaced:

Fernandinho with Phillips;
Jesus with Palmer; and
Zinchenko with Gomez?

This summer's transfer window was very poor.

Apart from the one obvious signing you’re right.

Not sure what we could have done about Fern given his age, but I’m still disappointed we let Jesus and Zinc go.

We're in a poor run of form yes and I'm not even going to talk about tonight. However if there is a team and manager that can go out on Saturday and smash the rags and then go on an unbeaten run to win the title it's us, we have done that sort of thing many times. Draw a line in the sand, forget about tonight and look forward to beating them lot on Saturday in a game that actually matters

Lets face it we've been off our game all season bar a couple of good performances. Pep seems to be struggling to get the consistency. We've surviving off of Haaland and Kev at the moment. A lot of players playing well below their best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.