Match Thread | Man United vs Man City (14/01/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do not need to touch the ball to commit an offside offence.
No but you need to intefere with play by wither trying to touch the ball (he didnt) or by impacting an opponent (he didnt)

here:

• a player moving from, or standing in, an offside position is in the way of an opponent and interferes with the movement of the opponent towards the ball this is an offside offence if it impacts on the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball; if the player moves into the way of an opponent and impedes the opponent's progress (e.g blocks the opponent) the offence should be penalised under Law 12
The issue i have is that he "mentally impacts the oppnent by causing indecision - here it just says interefers with the MOVEMENT of the opponent. (which suggests physically impedes him)

I wonder if we will ask for an explanation of the decision?
Rule 11.2 says "A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball"

Well he shielded the ball until his teammate hit it, so how is shielding the ball not "an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball"

Any sort of explanation or admission isn't going to change anything now though.

Sky know...and they run the game.. its like a computer game now..can be manipulated to keep viewing figures up..we were not good but the result definitely was determined by that. How did we crumble though after 1 bad decision, thats the worry
It is a worry indeed, I don't think we will win the league this season tbh and I don't think this current team with the way we are playing has what it takes to win the champions league. Fa cup could be tricky as well.

I think Haaland is part of the problem. He is doubtless a killer in the box but lends nothing to the team elsewhere. His lack of link up play and poor technical ability lead to our flow failing in the final 3rd. Teams have realised that they can sit on our midfield, man to man and they don’t have to worry about the striker joining in, because he doesn’t. I don’t know what the answer is but we have to find a way to play with Haaland or get rid and start again.
Right from the off..before we got him..I was hoping we wouldn't get him. Our team is built on drawing players out, playing triangles to the by line, no place for a big CF against good teams.

No but you need to intefere with play by wither trying to touch the ball (he didnt) or by impacting an opponent (he didnt)
He did in my opinion. Rule 11.2 says "A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball"

He shielded the ball until Fernandes hit it. Therefore he impacted the ability of the opponent to play the ball by shielding it.

Rule 11.2 says "A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball"

Well he shielded the ball until his teammate hit it, so how is shielding the ball not "an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball"

Any sort of explanation or admission isn't going to change anything now though.
I think you have summed it up perfectly with the word shielding. Rashford knew he was offside and so did anyone watching. Anyone who can say he wasn't is WRONG - end of.

here:

• a player moving from, or standing in, an offside position is in the way of an opponent and interferes with the movement of the opponent towards the ball this is an offside offence if it impacts on the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball; if the player moves into the way of an opponent and impedes the opponent's progress (e.g blocks the opponent) the offence should be penalised under Law 12
The issue i have is that he "mentally impacts the oppnent by causing indecision - here it just says interefers with the MOVEMENT of the opponent. (which suggests physically impedes him)
I’ll need to see it properly, but I’m not sure that is the applicable rule. I’d say he did two or three of these:
interfering with an opponent by:
• preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
• challenging an opponent for the ball or
• clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
• making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

Fuming. Don't mind losing even to them but offside and clear penalty on Haaland. Webb the red is now in charge the bent wanker.

It is a worry indeed, I don't think we will win the league this season tbh and I don't think this current team with the way we are playing has what it takes to win the champions league. Fa cup could be tricky as well.
Agreed we don't look good enough to beat competent teams.. chumps league looks like a complete mo goer for us. Arsenal will likely draw with us at home and beat us away on current form. We are quite easy to play against. Get a false 9 back in.

Right from the off..before we got him..I was hoping we wouldn't get him. Our team is built on drawing players out, playing triangles to the by line, no place for a big CF against good teams.
I didn't hear anybody complaining for the first few months, but once teams got used to the change in the way we play it was obviously going to impact us. I think we need Alvarez playing alongside to give us an alternative option if punting it in isn't working out.

This is a blip, it's burnout, which I expected at the start of the season. I said then that it was going to be incredibly tough with the world cup in the middle, and I think we need to recognise that. Even midweek I was glad we were out of the CC because it take a bit of pressure off, it's absolutely crazy to try and go for everything in a season like this and we're expecting too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.