PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Are you confident Colin ?
The club seem confident and ready to do battle, so I'll take their lead. And I don't imagine they did what they did without good advice. The PL don't appear to be particularly professional and there seem to be undercurrents to this wider than just a few accounting issues.

And, as I said at the start, this is probably about our rivals throwing mud and hoping some sticks. I think they'll regret that.

Apologies if already posted - thought Stephen (@twosips) did well here. I couldn't be in a room with a load of fans who have already decided we're guilty (because they want to believe this recent domination on the pitch has been doped by some marketing deals off it?!) and smirking their way into debates with snide digs. Carragher included. And especially that Spurs fan who, for some reason, thinks they've been held back by City over the past 15 years when they've challenged for the league once and beaten by fucking Leicester. Bottlejobs.

Fair play to Neville too (I know) who calls out FFP for what it is. A scheme to keep certain clubs at the top of the pile while the rest have to sit and watch playing happy families.

Again, as I said yesterday, it boils down to a man being told he isn't allowed to spend his money how he wants to and because of that supposedly breaking these made-up, self-protective rules to be able to compete. Let that sink in. A load of horseshit.

Thank you mate. I don't think some people realise how hard it is! Ha. They're all people who are paid to talk for a living so naturally very good at sticking the knife in. Plus I know millions watch it so the pressure is on big time. Tried my best though to get across a lot of things lots of us have wanted to say for a while!

I don’t know about anyone else but this whole saga has taken over my life in the last few days. I can barely think straight.

The richest team in the world for the past 15 years or so, is falling foul of rules that were apparently brought in to protect clubs from financial ruin. The potential punishment could financially ruin us. Some would say typical City is alive and well. Let’s hope we can still say the same in years to come.

I watched friends of mine go through the Bury saga and what it did to them. That club was potless. Ours is fucking loaded, yet we could meet the same fate.

I am truly disgusted that either situation was allowed to happen. Both at different ends of the spectrum. It shows that FFP isn’t fit for purpose (unless you’re part of the cartel) and it’s farcical that the government can stand by and watch a perfectly successful and solvent business, with nigh on 150 years of history, and with real community value, face this possibility based not on law, but on some made-up fucking rules to keep the same clubs at the top.

Thinking of those clubs, I don’t even think the real fans of those clubs would want this to happen to us. Yeah, the Twitter dickhead brigade and glory-hunters, who latched on to the successful club of the time might want us gone, but I can’t imagine the like of local United fans wanting our rivalry to disappear. It’s that rivalry that has us all so invested in the game. I hate United as much as the next blue, but I hope they are always around.

IMO this is squarely on a minority of people like the Glazers and FSG who have given nothing to this game. Nothing to this country. They’ve seen an opportunity to make money (no issues with that, I’d even say good luck to them) but clearly the huge amounts they’ve made isn’t enough…they want it all and they couldn’t give a fuck who they hurt to get it. A disgrace.

Thank you mate. I don't think some people realise how hard it is! Ha. They're all people who are paid to talk for a living so naturally very good at sticking the knife in. Plus I know millions watch it so the pressure is on big time. Tried my best though to get across a lot of things lots of us have wanted to say for a while!

Definitely mate. And fair play for not bursting out laughing at the entitled Spurs fan. Or calling Robbie out on his shit now he thinks he can mingle with a top-of-the-table chat.

But then the final piece of the jigsaw fell into place and all the ‘coincidences’, the collusion and corruption finally jumped right out and smacked me in the face… Qatari investment

I have to say when I just read this another mystery plot cliche drifted into my mind...

Where I said to myself, "You've almost quite literally taken the words out of my mouth!"

Tip of the hat to you, Detective Holmes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.