PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The more I think of it.. the more I think relegation would be off the cards (and stripping titles)

City has Pep and Haaland, two of the biggest stars and attractions in world football, playing in the Premier League. City has rivalries with United and Liverpool, big for TV deals views.
TV companies paying for the Premier League product wont be happy losing City, Haaland et al.

City owners have pumped millions into the UK economy, the UK Government wont take kindly to them being fucked over.

Stripping titles leaves open the chance for lawsuits from clubs who were relegated or missed out on money from previous wins/champions league.

£100 M Fine, 15 points deduction and 2 Transfer window bans (after Summer). I think most would accept that?

Why the fuck would we accept that? We haven't done anything wrong.

Apologies if already posted - thought Stephen (@twosips) did well here. I couldn't be in a room with a load of fans who have already decided we're guilty (because they want to believe this recent domination on the pitch has been doped by some marketing deals off it?!) and smirking their way into debates with snide digs. Carragher included. And especially that Spurs fan who, for some reason, thinks they've been held back by City over the past 15 years when they've challenged for the league once and beaten by fucking Leicester. Bottlejobs.

Fair play to Neville too (I know) who calls out FFP for what it is. A scheme to keep certain clubs at the top of the pile while the rest have to sit and watch playing happy families.

Again, as I said yesterday, it boils down to a man being told he isn't allowed to spend his money how he wants to and because of that supposedly breaking these made-up, self-protective rules to be able to compete. Let that sink in. A load of horseshit.

Finally something balanced to watch. Thanks for posting. And what a star that city fan was in the face of a bear pit. And fair play to Neville, articulate sensible and balanced. Unlike carragher who is just a vicious stupid opportunist conveniently forgetting things like the absurd coutinho deal And the huge boost that gave the odious ones. All this is making me hope beyond just blind faith that we just get done for not co-operating and in the process doing a reveal of the facts or showing that the fishing expedition prem league were on was for nothing. small fine, big fine for that meh whatever and we keep our heads high and the dreamland of the last ten years of memories intact and unsullied. Bring it fucking on.

Was talking to a toffee at work today who brought up an interesting point in order to show that all members are treated with equality would they not have to demonstrate similar investigations into all members?

No.

Police don't have to breathalise everyone on the road to treat people with equality, just have a system where anyone could be breathalised if there's cause.

The der Spiegel report credibly accused us of wrong doing which made the PL open an investigation. Unequal treatment would be if another club had a load of emails hacked, it got reported on and the PL declined to investigate.

This is very odd what is happening.

Very, very strange.

This Qatari interest and supposed bid for the rags looks like another plot to this charade that is happening at the minute.

And this sheds light on how pathetic and bitter sky sports news and their absolute wankers who present for them.

To go from one day being judge and juror with us to the next day hardly being able to contain their smiles that the rags might get bought out AND have it as their main story is shameful.

I though sky sports was neutral? Everyone treated equally? These cunts had our pants down before the Premier league statement was finished.

I hope we take these twats down too for their bias and slander that heads our way on more than one occasion.

So, today what I've come to believe is that the PL intends to go through with this all the way, rather than force us to make a deal.

Unless perhaps the club at some point believes we will lose the case and accepts extremely stiff punishment.

As long as it takes. Almost no matter the cost, or length of time for a decision to come out.

If the PL brand is damaged, so be it.

This "needs" to happen from the PL POV to find their get out of jail free card for the foreseeable future.

We will be the sacrificial lamb herded out for slaughter.

Like all the doping, and gambling scandals that are the closest we can see other sports the world, the PL members behind this need to find a way to appear to "wash their hands clean.

City, by far the easiest target for such a witch hunt masked as a crusade, and whose reputation will be tarnished for some time -- I'd contend likely even far more so than the view of the club today -- will "get more than what is even deserved."

Yet, in their minds, that is not a bother when you hate someone so much from a sense of "injustice" that also hides their own hypocrisy.

City, the perfect "fall guy" to atone for everyone's sins.

Last edited:
Was talking to a toffee at work today who brought up an interesting point in order to show that all members are treated with equality would they not have to demonstrate similar investigations into all members?
Well we’re the only member that has been hacked, with the hacked emails/documents containing things that have sparked further investigations. This investigation wouldn’t exist without the hack.

OK - finally caught up after three days!

Many thanks to those who have taken time/effort to provide their thoughts and insight, especially @projectriver from a legal perspective and @tolmie's hairdo for what the club are thinking at present.

Would agree with all those who think the timing of all this stinks of the cartel clubs pushing for punishment and the PL's desperate desire to stave off independent regulation. Time will tell on what the outcome will be but I trust the club when it says it has "irrefutable evidence" to dismiss the charges. Looks like we are in for a long wait (months if not years) so in the meantime I'll continue to support the team and the club from CB3. Bring in on!

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.