PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The Prem, even after four years of preparation, have made some cack-handed errors already. Our lawyers are onto it and they've barely got started. I reckon that the Prem's ineptitude has already got their cartel friends worried that the case for the prosecution is falling apart. Our lawyers will be looking for a way to get this into court and I'm convinced they will.
They are so desperate to land anything on us that they will stumble and fall arse over tit in their ineptitude.

They will try to make an example out of CITY always do.
They won't fine CITY as it's easy money to pay.

Hope they beat the case but lets see, all these sharks UNITED, ARSENAL, LIVERPOOL all circling trying to get CITY done.

Here's my naive little blue tinted view of things.....

A few questions. Unless the answer is No to the majority, it is a witch hunt and we should have nothing to answer to:

- Have City added to the success and marketability of the Premier League? I.E. have we helped create value for the League, their Directors, employees, other clubs, etc.?
- Has City's presence been a force for good in the Community?
- Have City generally set an example of how to run a Football Club in a 1st class way?
- Have City been solely or largely responsible for creating an environment in the League where success is impossible without money?
- Has City's way of running the club unfairly affected club staff, young players, coaches or other employees?
- Have City been unethical in their business practices, employment contracts, external Contractor dealings, or in any other way to consistently draw justified criticism?

I could go on and on.

Compared with other big clubs, I don't think any club has contributed more to the excitement of the Premier League, improvements in the Community and forcing other Clubs to look at and improve themselves more than City have.

If we are criminals, where are the victims?

and improvenim
100% agree but we signed up to the rules of the Premier League.

I could and have never understood why FFP was not contested but that's another argument.

I was always of the impression you can have whatever you like in a contract, doesn,t mean its lawful and ultimately has to be enforced through the courts.

Assuming weve signed up to a contract with premier league then appears unfair terms and conditions can be challenged between businesses. (That said i,m no lawyer so may well be talking bollocks :-) )

Article below explains possiblities.

It is what happened with bank charges being deemed penalty clauses (not allowed in English and Welsh law) as they were too punitive and not proportionate (i.e. not liquidating damages).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.