PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

STOP COMPARING US TO RANGERS!!!

Rangers were investigated by HMRC for tax fraud essentially, they went bust due to no revenue and a huge litany of unpaid debts (including a face painter of all people!), they had to liquidate the entire company and re-register as a new company. This was entirely of their own volition and through decades of baffling and systemic mismanagement and asset stripping by a series of idiots and mercenaries. It's only by a very unusual quirk in the world of football that they were even allowed to re enter the Scottish professional league (realistically they had to or Scottish football was fucked).

IT IS NOT THE SAME

I can’t possibly fathom how anyone equates the two situations.

To the Liverpool hack
No. The Liverpool hack was literally ex-City employees who still had access to our database from what I can recall. Pretty amateurish stuff from us, really. Nothing to do with Rui Pinto.

It's from the PL Handbook. There's no references to transfer bans or stripping of titles. They can refuse to register a player or remove an existing registration.

Sorry, I realise I'm about to ask a ridiculous question that you probably won't have the answer to.

With regards to punishment, would it have to be in the form of what's in the handbook? As in, if they see fit can they not go beyond or do anything different?

No idea what was in the serie A handbook when Juventus were stripped of their title (for match fixing), but would be interested to find out. Maybe comparing apples with oranges but just for reference.

It's from the PL Handbook. There's no references to transfer bans or stripping of titles. They can refuse to register a player or remove an existing registration.
Would that only be likely if the infringement was to do with playing personnel? For example, it is discovered that a club allows a third party to retain part-ownership of a player.

Liverpool illegally hacking City’s player database.

Why did City settle on compensation from Liverpool?

The FA, not the PL.

However, English football’s governing body has now confirmed that the disciplinary process has ended with action being deemed unnecessary.

A spokesperson said: “The FA carefully considered the evidence received in this matter, including information provided by both clubs involved, and has decided not to progress the investigation.

“This is due to a number of factors including the age of the alleged concerns and the settlement agreed by the two clubs involved.

Do you mind me asking what the source for that is? Not doubting you, of course, just interested in where you’ve read that as I keep seeing people claim that transfer bans, relegation and the stripping of titles are options available to the PL.
Thought only FIFA could impose transfer bans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.