PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I've 'got over' it now.
The club and supporters need to be positive and move forward.
We need to attract big name players. That may mean paying a premium and handing out long term contracts given the uncertain future situation the Premier league has put us in.
We have to keep Pep and get him on board. Prior to the PL announcement I was toying with the view of managerial change in the summer. IMO that option has now gone.
The Premier League may still a bit of a long shot but the CL and the FA Cup are still very much on the cards and the team need to get themselves motivated and helped by the whole club. ( supporters included and starting on Sunday).
In addition the powers that be in the club need to reinforce the public relations message that we have done nothing wrong and will be vindicated as they did prior to the CAS decision.
Total support.
Siege mentality.
The fightback starts here.
Well said mate. That's a whole lot of common sense.

What this hearing could lay on City could end up in a criminal investigation if they reach the ludicrous high bar of what they are trying to prove. Hypothetically if the inland revenue rattled down the door and found criminal evidence of wrong doing, we would be off to the high court then.
If they had any evidence remotely like that it would have been passed on and the old bill would have kicked our doors in at about 06.00.

Would expulsion from the PL not be the same as relegation?

Not the same mate. Expulsion means the bottom 3 would still go down as usual, we'd just be kicked out and have to apply to join the pyramid (possibly at L2 level? Conference? Below?) Relegation would be just that, we'd be demoted with 19th and 20th place. Whoever finished 18th would likely survive.

At least I think that's how things would work. Hopefully, as Ric says, it'll come to nothing like that.

Do you mind me asking what the source for that is? Not doubting you, of course, just interested in where you’ve read that as I keep seeing people claim that transfer bans, relegation and the stripping of titles are options available to the PL.
It's from the PL Handbook. There's no references to transfer bans or stripping of titles. They can also refuse to register a player or remove an existing registration.

Rule W51

A7ADF5C9-04E6-41E5-AE43-8FE34B498E0E.png

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.