Stephen Howson / Michael Knighton

tbh its about time that broadcasters on Youtube were held to account. They command more viewers than some TV programmes who DO have to give accurate information.

Steve Howsen et al make a lot of money I assume, they are registered businesses in some cases, its about time they were all held to legal scrutiny.

tbh its about time that broadcasters on Youtube were held to account. They command more viewers than some TV programmes who DO have to give accurate information.

Steve Howsen et al make a lot of money I assume, they are registered businesses in some cases, its about time they were all held to legal scrutiny.
I agree.

Who'd pay £15 per stream to see Goldbridge being lowered into a piranha tank?

Wasn't it said that Edwards just stole all his ideas, and that's why they became successful?
As I understand it, although the headlines will always be that the takeover ultimately fell through Knighton told Edwards and co that the board were criminally under-achieving in terms of monetising their global fanbase and that they could increase their revenues hugely through merchandising, etc. It was Knighton who basically gave them the kick up the arse in that regard, and United followed through on it. They stole a huge march on Liverpool who didn't cotton on to it for a few years.

As I understand it, although the headlines will always be that the takeover ultimately fell through Knighton told Edwards and co that the board were criminally under-achieving in terms of monetising their global fanbase and that they could increase their revenues hugely through merchandising, etc. It was Knighton who basically gave them the kick up the arse in that regard, and United followed through on it. They stole a huge march on Liverpool who didn't cotton on to it for a few years.

They stole a march on everyone, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton alongside the rags all got a bigger chunk of the newly formed premier league tv deal. United literally had the most of the 1990s unchallenged barring Blackburn and Arsenal building a strong team under Wenger from 1998 onwards.

Around the early 90s the Champions League was formed with one team from each country. That gave United another revenue stream which other clubs did not have. The way Edwards implemented Knighton’s ideas provided the perfect storm for them to dominate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.