RB Leipzig (H) | Post Match Thread

I'm not just saying it because of tonight, I'm saying this because the past 4/5 years in particular he's been absolutely sensational...

John Stones is the best centre back in world football. Genuinely wouldn't take anyone over Stonesy. We are a much much better team when Stones is fit and in our starting 11. He's come on leaps and bounds the last few seasons he has such mature performances now, The first few seasons of "John Stones has a mistake in his game" he has rectified that, He has a massive presence, So composed, His positional sense, Sniffing out danger, Passing between the lines and what I love most about him now he bullies centre forwards he's in charge.

He's fucking immense.

Most underrated player in the country. Rarely gets any recognition outside of our own circle. Even for England it’s all about how good Maguire has done with almost zero mention of Stones.

Couldnt make the game but my brother was in the South Stand and was impressed for a Champs league game its usually a little subdued waiting to be stitched up by VAR , it sounded really good on the telly though , maybe BT put the microphones under our singing section by mistake
It was OK. There was lots of singing in the south stand but the rest of the ground didn’t join in with much and seemed really quiet. When the atmosphere threatened to build as we smashed the goals in the singing areas tried to sing the new Everywhere song but everyone was singing different lines at different times and you couldn’t make it out and it went on for about ten minutes which subdued the rest of the stadium just when they were starting to get noisy.

I'm not just saying it because of tonight, I'm saying this because the past 4/5 years in particular he's been absolutely sensational...

John Stones is the best centre back in world football. Genuinely wouldn't take anyone over Stonesy. We are a much much better team when Stones is fit and in our starting 11. He's come on leaps and bounds the last few seasons he has such mature performances now, The first few seasons of "John Stones has a mistake in his game" he has rectified that, He has a massive presence, So composed, His positional sense, Sniffing out danger, Passing between the lines and what I love most about him now he bullies centre forwards he's in charge.

He's fucking immense.
Absolutely brilliant player! Proper love him, arguably my favourite player.

Most underrated player in the country. Rarely gets an recognition outside of our own circle. Even for England it’s all about how good Maguire has done with almost zero mention of Stones.
Very true. For some reason the narrative is "Maguire is the leader between the two when they play for England".

Sums up the media and pundits in this country really.

For sure we have some dipstick armchair 'Blue Moaners' who think they can pick better starting elevens than Pep. Most of these folk don't get the Pep concept - pulling teams out of shape by keeping the ball in small areas of the pitch, passing the ball to players who are being marked, Ederson passing the ball to our CBs with opponents in close attendance. Question these guys and you get an overly sensitive 'I pay my money, I'm entitled to criticise and voice my opinion'. They don't understand that Pep teams tend not to play the easy ball - preferring instead the riskier pass with more reward. Bless 'em - they keep the rest of us amused. When I used to sit in the Family Stand, there were a couple of these guys who used to hurl abuse at David and Yaya!!!

Just got back now, dodging the ice patches. What a performance that was, I voted for a win but wasn't expecting that. Pleased that Kev got the goal his performance merited, it was like having the KDB of old back. Haaland was where he needed to be and reacted well, he could easily have had another couple more too. Bernardo was everywhere, was there a blade of grass his feet didn't tread on? All the changes didn't change the performance on the pitch either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.