United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness, I did apologise for nit-picking.

Surely you wouldn't ban a decrepit old man who wore the Queen's uniform to defend his country?
Hell that must have frightened the Germans. You sat side saddle in a red tunic !

And I was taking the piss out of myself more than you :-)

Harry Maguire: Manchester United captain says he has 'important role”​

Chef-Alladin-Biggest-Roll.jpg

Handing out the half time oranges

I know we love to hate them and their fans but just seen some really sad news about one of their Supporters Trust stalwarts, Ian Stirling, who died. I met Ian at a few events and despite the teams we both supported, he was welcoming and good to talk to. Did an immense amount of work on behalf of the fans. RIP Ian.

It’s worrying this fraud is getting exposure to a bigger audience at Talk Sport. He doesn’t offer any type of valid opinion or knowledge any more than some 12 year old trolling on football pages on social media. It’s pretty impressive he can captivate an audience obsessing over how many people turn up to the Etihad every week.

However the fanzine, YouTuber opinion is massively creeping into Sky Sports and Bt Sports content. It’s not a place for professional opinion anymore, it’s a way to push the tribalism of who the editorial team don’t like as clubs.
He was trying to say the pre match lights show is to disguise the fact that nobody is actually at the stadium . Surely this would not even fool an infant audience because the second the lights went on all would be revealed. What's he talking about?
He then went on to deliver what he thinks is his knock out punch the city have a bigger turnover than Real Madrid (scoffs). But the answers are under his nose, bigger prize money, tv money (probably) , wealthier clubs to sell academy players to in England, advertising covering multi clubs so more lucrative, yes Abu Dhabi contacts, loads of reasons.

Do you really think that is going to happen?

The powers that be will not allow it.
Like they haven’t allowed it in 5 of the previous 9 seasons? And City having won 5 league titles in those same previous 9 seasons?

No matter what the powers that be try - and I don’t think it’s corrupt anywhere near to the level the rest of this forum does - they don’t really have much of an impact on eventual outcomes, whether that be results of games and especially not where teams finish. At most they can sway a five to ten minute spell in a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.