United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like they haven’t allowed it in 5 of the previous 9 seasons? And City having won 5 league titles in those same previous 9 seasons?

No matter what the powers that be try - and I don’t think it’s corrupt anywhere near to the level the rest of this forum does - they don’t really have much of an impact on eventual outcomes, whether that be results of games and especially not where teams finish. At most they can sway a five to ten minute spell in a game.
My comment was tongue in cheek, though no one can deny that the rags receive many more preferential VAR decisions than almost all other clubs.

Reactions: PPT
Like they haven’t allowed it in 5 of the previous 9 seasons? And City having won 5 league titles in those same previous 9 seasons?

No matter what the powers that be try - and I don’t think it’s corrupt anywhere near to the level the rest of this forum does - they don’t really have much of an impact on eventual outcomes, whether that be results of games and especially not where teams finish. At most they can sway a five to ten minute spell in a game.
It's not five to ten minute spells in games though is it, its constant low level favouritism, leniency and bias throughout the whole 90 minutes week in week out, which add up to a huge cumulative advantage to united, along with frequent one off and crucial game changing and game winning "contentious" decisions.

Who's to say where united would have been over the last 9 seasons without the assistance they've received from all of the above, probably not even in the top half of the table is my guess.

It's not five to ten minute spells in games though is it, its constant low level favouritism, leniency and bias throughout the whole 90 minutes week in week out, which add up to a huge cumulative advantage to united, along with frequent one off and crucial game changing and game winning "contentious" decisions.

Who's to say where united would have been over the last 9 seasons without the assistance they've received from all of the above, probably not even in the top half of the table is my guess.
100% this, and it's been that way since the pisscan first stumbled drunkenly through the swamp door.

Every club in the whole universe now and again gets a slice of luck that saves them: a 96th minute highly debatable penalty that gives them three points, or puts them through to the next round. Or an obvious red card challenge that the ref doesn't notice so not even a yellow.
These things happen every so often, and the club that benefits from this slice of good fortune breathes a sigh of relief and says "We got out of jail."
And then when you realise these highly fortuitous chain of events happen to one club, consistently, throughout the season, then you have to question what is happening to the game? Why is it always that one club that gets the decisions that help them, game in game out?
Even the most blinkered football fan would have to admit that there is something quite sinister in the way they are refereed in comparison with other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.