How many times have you been to Wembley??

14th visit for me tomorrow for me. My first was Gillingham 11 years old.

Really looking forwards to playing Sheffield Utd. Should be a cracking game

Going down memory lane it's two England internationals i'm now thinking about as special in their own way, v. Brazil in 1957 and Spain in 1960. England won both. The first would have put down a marker for beating Brazil in the World Cup in Sweden in '58 if the spine of the team (Roger Byrne, Edwards and Tommy Taylor) hadn't been lost at Munich. The Spain team had Di Stefano and Gento in it and it poured down all afternoon, stood in the open end.
A few years later a R.L. Challenge Cup final, Wigan v Hunslet, was memorable for an exciting match and a teenager's first visit to Soho that night.

Last edited:
West Brom League Cup 1970 was a great game to be at. City conceded early, then absolutely laid siege to their goal but seemed out of luck til Mike Doyle and Glyn Pardoe struck late on.
Sometimes forgotten but brilliant game.

West Brom League Cup 1970 was a great game to be at. City conceded early, then absolutely laid siege to their goal but seemed out of luck til Mike Doyle and Glyn Pardoe struck late on.
Sometimes forgotten but brilliant game.
Thats was the finest game I have ever seen Franny Lee play, he was just unbeatable that day. I`ve seen him have some truly outstanding games for City but that day he was on a different planet.
I`ll always remember it for the heavy snow and shit Wembley surface.

221356ba75b48eddf81bee313c1b35e2.jpg

Have absolutely no recollection of it whatsoever. But I can’t think of any reason why I wouldn’t have gone.

It was a boiling hot day, must have been over 30 degrees but luckily we were in the shade and Chelsea fans directly in the sun

Be my 26th visit with City tomorrow.

Been once this season, England v Ukraine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.