Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine being his kid? Poor lad
I had one of life's losers live next door to me once, heard him laying into his wife in front of his 2 young sons, smashing their house up as well, about the 3rd time I'd heard it.

Me and a fellow neighbour proper damaged the shithouse the following day when he got back from the police station. The women in question left him and is doing well as are her 2 lads. The maggot has not been seen for years, hopefully he's dead.

My only regret is that I did not straighten out the piece of shit the first time I heard it

I think we are scoring enough to stay up near the top, but i think we concede too many still, and for me we are too open at times in midfield. Rice is the main name we've been linked to, and i think that might help shore up the midfield a bit, and add a bit of leadership and character that we lack. Caceido as well we obviously tried to sign in January, so i think we will try at least for 1 of them. To be honest i'd like both. Ideally we get another defender and attacker as well, but be interesting to see what sort of budget we will have this summer, first year in years we will have Champions League revenue as well.

We probably just need to let this team mature and bubble a bit as well. aguero93:20 makes a good point, sometimes you just need experience of these big games, to live through disappointments and use that to drive on more. We are a young team, and a young manager. I'm hoping both will continue to learn and evolve.

I think Arsenal need to worry about the three draws rather than the loss at City

City have beaten Liverpool to the league without relying on winning at Anfield.

The focus is on the big games but the league is about the games in between and not losing silly points

Liverpool always played for the big games but when they got Alisson and van Dijk they stopped losing those games and could mount challenges for the title consistently

When he got subbed, Jesus had to walk around the pitch infront of the South Stand to get back to the bench. He was clapped literally the whole way round by City fans and unless I missed it, didn’t acknowledge that support once. I loved both Jesus and Zinchenko when they were with us, but it hasn’t taken long for me to lose a lot of that love. I swear they never used to be babies like this.

Jesus when he got subbed had to walk all round the pitch infront of the South Stand to get back to the bench. He was clapped literally the whole way round by City fans and unless I missed it, didn’t acknowledge that support once. I loved both Jesus and Zinchenko when they were with us, but it hasn’t taken long for me to lose a lot of that love. I swear they never used to be babies like this.
I noticed that. It's like if he acknowledged it he lets arsenal down. He could have just done it with a slight raise of his hand but no.

In games like that last night you need leaders and that just cemented what I'd thought all season, they haven't got any real ones. They have a lot of personality - shown by how many times they've come back from the dead in games this season - but in terms of a leader on the pitch who will calm things down or take the game by the scruff of its neck when it's going against you they don't.

They have Xhaka who gets targeted because he's short tempered. Their captain was subbed off after 60 minutes. Their centre halves are too easily wound up. Partey loses his rag too much. I thought Ben White was a composed defender and personality but even he got pissed off last night. Their left back is too emotional. Their striker is too emotional too. And those last two are the only ones in there with any real winning experience.

We're a brilliant team because of the individual brilliance we have but what makes us most effective and robotic is the fact we just keep winning. Last night it was like 11 cogs in a well-oiled machine, none of them looked out of place. All of them fighting towards the same goal and all of them absolutely determined not to lose their individual battles. While you have Arsenal's big personalities - Odegaard, Jesus, Xhaka, Martinelli, Saka - all being subbed off.

They need winners to be bred into the team - which they did with Zinchenko and Jesus - but they were winners as a result of the machine they were in. They weren't the ones with the winning mentality. They're always available on the market - Kompany, Dias, Vidic, Vieira etc. - are all winners and have the elite mentality. None of Arsenal players do and it showed last night. Rabbits in headlights in the biggest game of their season. Just like they were when we took the piss at their place too.

I noticed that. It's like if he acknowledged it he lets arsenal down. He could have just done it with a slight raise of his hand but no.
I stopped clapping. I don’t expect him to give us a much but like you said, even a disappointed wave would have shown something.

Ahh well, we’ve moved on to bigger and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.