Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you look into the article it says PSG approached him a couple of weeks back and he knocked them back.

No manager is leaving a top 6 club in England to go to PSG, especially with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe all leaving.

That's not arrogance at Arteta or Arsenal, it's just PSG and the French league doesn't have that pull to take managers away from the top clubs in England.

It's difficult to say if he'd last 10 years just fighting for top 4. Obviously what Humbled is trying to say (in his rather brash way) is that it's clear with our strategy we are trying to build a strong young team that will peak in the next couple of years, hopefully that coincides with the likes of Pep and Klopp leaving and we can be in position to take advantage IF there is any regression. However, you could appoint someone else and not miss a beat.

Our only hope is you regress somehow, either through player transition or manager transition or both, as I think it's really feckin hard to have 90+ point seasons, never mind do it multiple times like you have. That's where English football is at now, hoping Pep leaves to give the rest of us a bit of a chance. :-)

Quite different to what he said, no issue with that at all.

Its not wide eyed belief. Its rational thought. Ive heard numerous times form City fans on this forum, Odegaard would be the perfect replacement for KDB. Ive heard some City fans mention Saka as a perfect replacement for Mahrez. Saliba is a rolls royce centre half and could cost more than what you would pay for Gvardiol. Martinelli is another rolls royce.

Even if its not in the very short term (this year). Our players and young enough and on long enough contracts to wait out your current cycle. Two years from now, Pep, KDB, Gundogan, Bernardo, Walker, Mahrez will be gone, Stones will be 31. Although the big ones are Pep and KDB - replacing these two is nigh on impossible. There is also a dark cloud that looms over you, that could turn into a hurricane in a time the spearhead of your current success has left.

You wont have it your way forever as football has always been cyclical. Man United in the 1990's and early 2000's. Liverpool in the 1980's. Barcelona in the 2010's. Your cycle too has a lifespan.

Your one sentimental Kompany appointment away from sliding down the ladder, just like United did when they got it wrong giving Moyes the job to replace Fergie - and have spent the last 10 years paying for it.

Not trying to wind anyone up, all im saying, is football can be very volatile when key figures leave a football club.
They said we’d never replace Yaya.
They said we’d never replace Merlin.
They said we’d never replace Vinnie.
They said we’d never replace Sergio.

Just saying.

Every football fan has a six sense about particular transfer rumours. Arteta to PSG is one of those rumours that should be dismissed from the very beginning.

Ligue 1 is the 5th best league in Europe. Premier League is the best. A top 7 PL jobs is better than the PSG job. Pochettino didny fancy PSG relative to his time at Tottenham. There is no action in Ligue 1. Plus, the PSG party galactico era is over, Messi gone, Mbappe going, Neymar probably eyeing Saudi Arabia.

I can see Arteta clocking up 10+ years at Arsenal.
What are you basing that on?

Back to 6th or 7th placed next year. They cannot compete in more than 1 competition at a time.
If they stood still, but looks like they’re spending another (uncriticized) 200+mil this summer. They’ll be near the top again.

Arteta needs to prove that he hasn't just copied pep, it certainly looked like he had, but couldn't change anything when thing's started going tits up, I fully expect to see white in the Johnny stones role next season as arteta stays one step behind pep next season, I do think they will battle for top 6/4 next season
I think the John Stones role copied by other clubs will not work for most of them.You need a great coach and centre back to start with. That rules out most clubs.

Will be interesting to see how they start the new season. Will they push on or just be Arsenal? My money is on the latter. It’s a funny old game. All they need is Ange improving Spurs and them having to suffer them going ahead of them. With Arsenal it’s mostly down to psychology. Even when they had it all in front of them, they shat the bed and not a single **** was surprised. Repeat and rinse is their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.