Chelsea (H) - Sun 21st May, 16:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Referee: Michael Oliver

Assistants: Stuart Burt, Lee Betts.
Fourth official: Robert Jones.
VAR: John Brooks. Assistant VAR: Simon Bennett.

This is the big one.

A first CL victory would be great.

Beating the rags in the cup final would warm our hearts for many years to come.

But winning 3 league titles on the bounce is an historic achievement that cements our place in history. 100 yrs from now nerdy types will be scrolling thru lists of title winners and they’ll pause when they scroll through the early 2020s and see our name written again and again. Immortality is within our grasp.
We have won nothing yet, until we do I'm saying nought.

Remember 1, 2, even 3 months ago where we’d look at the schedule and it seemed impossibly relentless, games every 3 or 4 days for what seemed like forever? Well incredibly, we are a win against Chelsea away from the entire schedule opening up. We could rest whoever the fuck we want in the last two games, playing Carson, Gomez, Palmer, Phillips etc. Then the two finals themselves are a week apart. The schedule would become so relaxed. Big big effort to get this win and it maximises our preparation for the rags. Plus, we have to win as it’s our only chance to win the league at home. I’m sure Pep will be reiterating that. Come on City, one last push.

If Arsenal lose on Saturday I wonder if that would affect team selection!

In a way I hope they do.

Even though it's much nicer to win it off the back of a victory for the glory aspect, I wouldn't want arsenal to win and somehow Chelsea nick a flukey draw or something and the league still isn't wrapped up, then we have to keep going flat out an extra few or days until it is.

I'd rather it gets done this weekend, then the players can play when necessary to keep ticking over for the finals.

So in that sense, I have no issue with the title being ours before we kick a ball again, even if it's not quite as sweet as our win clinhing it.

If the title is wrapped up on Sunday (or Saturday), will the trophy be presented after the game, as it’s our last home match of the season?

I’d imagine it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.