Pitch invasions

I'm sure the club won't be too bothered about the fine I think the only way that the club will do something about it is if they are forced to by the league, I think it will something serious like an assault on a player before they make changes
That's why there's a rule not to go on the pitch, but those suggesting it was just a bit of fun can't seem to link the three things, even though the rule and law was brought in as a result of it happening elsewhere.

We'll have to see what the investigation throws up. I'm expecting a fine double that of the last one and another warning. I'm more annoyed because most that went on would have been tourists and occasional fans from the front seats, but they only went on because of the hard-core fans starting it off from the corner near the away fans (it seemed to me).

That's why there's a rule not to go on the pitch, but those suggesting it was just a bit of fun can't seem to link the three things, even though the rule and law was brought in as a result of it happening elsewhere.

We'll have to see what the investigation throws up. I'm expecting a fine double that of the last one and another warning. I'm more annoyed because most that went on would have been tourists and occasional fans from the front seats, but they only went on because of the hard-core fans starting it off from the corner near the away fans (it seemed to me).
I'm sure we will be fined but it's down to City what they want to do to stop it, seemed like they were expecting it yesterday and the messages on the screens and announcements were just done so it looked like they were trying to prevent it

I'm sure we will be fined but it's down to City what they want to do to stop it, seemed like they were expecting it yesterday and the messages on the screens and announcements were just done so it looked like they were trying to prevent it
I don't quite get this argument. It's like saying there's a cliff edge with some signs saying don't jump, but you still could so it's their fault.

If City are told to prevent it then the next step could be to cover the first few rows right around the lower tiers.

It's down to City to stop people breaking the rules and not doing as they're asked ? When somebody breaks into your house is that your fault for not stopping it.

I have a feeling that we might get a larger fine than last time and a ban on us having fans at two or three games!

That would affect the food and drink outlets and the stewards etc. as well as the club itself.

I can’t see them banning us from having fans. They’ve have to do that for loads of other teams who’s have had pitch invasions as well. Wrexham, county, Sheffield Wednesday to name a few

It's down to City to stop people breaking the rules and not doing as they're asked ? When somebody breaks into your house is that your fault for not stopping it.
Come on your being silly now, clearly a difference between someone breaking into your house and what happened on Sunday

I don't quite get this argument. It's like saying there's a cliff edge with some signs saying don't jump, but you still could so it's their fault.

If City are told to prevent it then the next step could be to cover the first few rows right around the lower tiers.
Again there's a clear difference between jumping off a cliff and running on the pitch to celebrate, the way people are reacting on here is comical considering we are just talking about a small percentage of our fans running on the pitch to celebrate or get pictures

Again there's a clear difference between jumping off a cliff and running on the pitch to celebrate, the way people are reacting on here is comical considering we are just talking about a small percentage of our fans running on the pitch to celebrate or get pictures
I never said how high the cliff was ;) Okay, let's say a bridge over a reservoir, because that's a regular occurrence. I do think some people lack the ability to see the impact of their actions to themselves and to others. Imagine being a steward at the game, probably young and low-paid, to suddenly face a horde of youths running toward you, they were probably warned beforehand and had been dreading the moment all game. Or the supporter mentioned earlier who had to miss the presentation because due to poor health they couldn't risk getting caught up with people pushing their way past them.

But people had fun so there you go. Personally I don't think there's a need to express one's joy in such a way any more.

I just don't get what the issue is.

The whole point of going to football is to watch enthralling matches and cheer and boo when you feel like it.

If some people want to go on the pitch and celebrate why not? Isn't that what football is all about euphoria? Losing control deleriously?

I did it at home to Charlton in 85, and City fans did it at Bradford away, at Blackburn away, and countless other times even after the QPR match.

Okay, so we win more frequently now, is it getting boring for you? If so, give up your season ticket and let someone who has passion and joy take your place instead.

There are occasions when it gets put of hand, like the breaking of the cross bar last season and their goaly getting a punch off some clown. We've all done stupid things at times. And you'll always get one or two, but it's not as it they're rioting and fighting each other.

We're forever being told in this country, you've got to do this and that, you've got to behave like this and that, don't swear, don't drop your Ts, Gs and Hs, don't drink, don't smoke, don't eat fatty food, don't gamble, but we all do some or all of these things anyway.

Should we all be quiet throughout the game, occasionally gasp and politely aplaud each goal?

If you want to sanitise football, that much just sit at home and watch it on TV.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.